Complaint Review: blue bird american express

• Submitted: Thu, June 06, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: A honest guy — kihei Hawaii
blue bird american express
PO Box 31900 Salt Lake City, Select State/Province USA

blue bird american express BLUE BIRD CARD RIP OFF - BLOCKS ACCOUNT AND ASKS FOR FAX PASSPORT, SS#, LICENCE ETC Salt Lake City Salt Lake City

I wanted to try Bluebird account to save fees on senting regular money to my daughter as compared to Western Union wires. I had a American Express serve account and was told you can't have both - so I must close it. I did, and then opened Amex Bluebird. I have had my amex serve account for quite some time and used the same debit card to fund/tranfer money every week. I have NEVER had a problem doing this for 2 yrs - then as instructed by Amex - to open Bluebird I should use the exact same information as was on my other serve account. I did.....then the problems started rolling in - first they blocked my account for funding - requested i go find and pay to fax them a copy of my funding credit card along with a recent statement.... I DID THIS. Then two days later I am told - sorry we can't take this card anymore even though they do on their serve accounts - what a joke. Now the real problems begins.... They tell me the account is still blocked and I must now pay again to fax over a copy of my ID and Social security card etc... I bit my lip and did as they say - I faxed over a copy of my PASSPORT, a copy of my HOMELAND SECURITY ISSUED RESIDENT GREEN CARD, (I've lived here in the same place for over 20 yrs - I'm not a new comer) I also faxed my SS card and then......... get told my PASSPORT AND GOVERMENT ISSUED ID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AS PROOF....

THIS IS A SECURED PRE-PAID CARD/ACCOUNT - DON'T BOTHER WITH THEM - I AM 50 YRS OLD AND I DON'T THINK THEY WILL BE SATISFIED UNLESS I FAX OVER A NOTARISTED LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM MY GREAT, GREAT, GRANDMOTHER. (THINK ABOUT IT)

BTW - i HAVE A REGULAR CREDIT  CARD  ACCOUNT WITH AMERICAN EXPRESS AND A PROVEN GOOD RECORD BUT I DIDN'T HAVE TO PROVIDE ANY OF THIS CRAP WHEN I OPEN ED IT WHEN BACK THEN...........  RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE A CERTIFIED COPY - FRONT AND BACK- OF MY  MASTERCARD, MY MOST RECENT CREDIT CARD BILL, MY PASSPORT, MY FEDERAL GOVERMENT ID, MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND ACCESS TO MY FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS DETAIL OF TWO OTHER AMERICAN EXPRESS ACCOUNTS - AND SOME INDIAN WHO IS NOT EVEN IN OUR FRIGGIN COUNTRY TELLS ME THAT IS NOT ENOUGH..... NEED I SAY MORE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/blue-bird-american-express/Salt-Lake-City-Select-StateProvince-84131/blue-bird-american-express-BLUE-BIRD-CARD-RIP-OFF-BLOCKS-ACCOUNT-AND-ASKS-FOR-FAX-PASS-1057037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on blue bird american express