Complaint Review: Blue Pilot Energy

• Updated: Sat, February 15, 2014

• Reported By: David Macdonald — Glen Mills Pennsylvania
Blue Pilot Energy
250 Pilot Rd. Suite 300 Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Blue Pilot Energy Generation charge at .3990 per KWH - for the month of January $592.91 plus tax - What is this ripoff? Las Vegas Nevada

I have been in my townhouse since July, 2013. I received a  phone call from Blue Pilot and they assured me I would save on my electrical service instead of directly buying from PECO. Of course, I was looking to safe if I could. For six months, their rates were stable and from what I looked at other companies, I was saving.

I then decided to relocate and I called PECO around January 20 2014, and asked them to end my service January 31 and please move my account to my new location, two miles down the road. They did exactly what I asked and handled everything well, until I got my end of the January month bill.  My usual 100.00 to 185.00 electrical bill had jumped to $ 696.48!

I inspected the bill 10 times over and here is the charge: Blue Pilot Energy - Generation Charge at .3990 Per KWH total $ 592.91 plus gross receipts tax $ 37.18 giving me a grand total of $ 696.48

Then to add my insult, I received a second additional bill for three (3) days for a total of $ 99.30.

Number one, I can NOT and I will NOT pay it. Number two, these bills will be sent to the PA Utility Commission. Number three, their office was closed due to the weekend, but I will call them Monday morning and I expect a reasonable response and a major correction and an apology. We are not stupid. The final point... if I don't have this fixed, a couple of these bills and a formal complaint will be sent to the PA State's Attorney General and the U.S. Attorney's office.

This is Pennsylvania, not the gambling state of Nevada. This Ripoff will be addressed and not swept under the carpet. If anyone has received this type of bill from Blue Pilot, please do not ignore and pay this. This is a SCAM and a RIPOFF!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2014 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-Pilot-Energy/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89119/Blue-Pilot-Energy-Generation-charge-at-3990-per-KWH-for-the-month-of-January-59291-p-1123817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue Pilot Energy