dried

• Submitted: Sun, April 01, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 09, 2012

• Reported By: S.T. — oakdale Pennsylvania United States of America
blue rhino
470 westhanes mill road ste200 winston-salem, North Carolina United States of America

blue rhino stole my 20lb. cylinder and exchanged it for a non refillable 15lb cylinder. winston-salem, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Blue Rhino Clarification

I purchased a gas grill with a 20lb propane cylinder and a back-up tank.(which I paid for and is mine) Up until recently I was able to exchange them at my local Lowes store and received 20 lbs of propane for the exchange.

This is no longer the case. Now, when I exchange them, I get 15lbs of propane(25% less) and am not able to get them refilled elsewhere.

I bought and paid for (2) 20lb. tanks that I no longer own. I have been CHEATED. Nowhere did Lowes or Blue Rhino ever say that this would be the case.

They are pulling a fast one over their customers, DON'T fall for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2012 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/blue-rhino/winston-salem-North-Carolina-27105/blue-rhino-stole-my-20lb-cylinder-and-exchanged-it-for-a-non-refillable-15lb-cylinder-w-862370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on blue rhino

Blue Rhino Clarification

AUTHOR: Blue Rhino - (United States of America)

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify.

Please note that Blue Rhino clearly marks on every tank and every display sign the amount of propane provided in our tanks, which is 15 lbs.

Once you buy Blue Rhino, you are free to take your tank and exchange it or refill it anywhere you choose. There is no requirement to return the tank to Lowe's or another Blue Rhino retailer. It is your tank.

Of course, we hope you will continue to choose Blue Rhino. Not only do we provide propane in our tanks, but each one is leak checked, inspected, cleaned, and delivered to a convenient retail location like Lowe's.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact Blue Rhino at 1.800.258.7466.