killing

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: Eric — Los Angeles California
Blue SEO Los Angeles
225 Santa Monica Blvd, 11th Floor Santa Monica, CA Los Angeles, California USA

Blue SEO Los Angeles Blue SEO Los Angeles Does Crappy Work Los Angeles California

I was referred to Blue SEO Los Angeles by a friend. I initially thought this friend had used them before, but later found out he knew one of the employees which would have made me more cautious with using them. I have an eCommerce business and while I was doing okay with sales, I wanted the extra push to get me ahead of my competitors, so I figured it would be good to start some marketing work.

Anyways, I went to them wanting to get the full deal: link building, content writing, on-site SEO, web site design changes, etc. They got me pretty excited in the initial call and really made it sound like they knew what they were talking about and were going to achieve my objectives. I was a bit frustrated at this point, however, because they only used technical lingo and I often did not know what they were talking about. I was afraid they were just trying to talk smart in order to leave me in the dark and to sort of intimidate me into being ignorant about the whole process.

Unless people are explain what they're going to do for you in an easy-to-understand manner, I doubt they know the material well enough themselves. I tried to get them to explain things in a different way, but they just talked over me and ignored what I had to say. This was the first warning sign that I disregarded with the hope that everything would turn out fine and that they really were just geeks about this stuff and couldn't communicate it for the average joe.

Once the work began, they would send me periodic reports. At first, I didn't pay much attention to these reports becuase I was pretty business with my company and sort of put the SEO on the backburner. However, one day I set aside some time to review the reports and when I went back through them, I was dismayed to see that the reports made little sense. The numbers didn't make sense and I got the impression they did a lot of funny math to spin things in their favor. Something was smelling fishy so I emailed the employee I was working with to go over the reports.

When we had the phone call, he sounded like a toddler who had been caught in a lie and tried to use his words to make the problem go away. Or rather, to make me frustrated so I would leave him alone. But, I kept asking the hard questions and he kept giving me non-sensical answers. Finally, I asked for his manager but was told that he could handle the situation himself and to just give him some more time to answer my questions.

I finally got off the phone and decided to investigate things myself. I went onto my Google AdWords account and found that they had been trying to capture really general keywords that I would never be able to rank for and I went to Google Analytics and found that the traffic for my site had actually decreased under their supervision.

I copied all this information again and contacted them. With actual numbers on my side, the conversation went a bit differently. The employee admitted that they hadn't really been giving my site the attention it needed and they were having problems getting a team to focus on it. He tried to renegotiate our deal, but I told him to cancel my payments and to stop doing (or pretending to do) work otherwise they'd be hearing from my legal team.

Stay away from these unscrupulous guys. They'll just cause one big headache.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-SEO-Los-Angeles/Los-Angeles-California-90066/Blue-SEO-Los-Angeles-Blue-SEO-Los-Angeles-Does-Crappy-Work-Los-Angeles-California-1054793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue SEO Los Angeles