Complaint Review: BLUEGREEN CORPORATION

• Updated: Wed, September 02, 2009

• Reported By: AH — Atlanta Georgia USA
BLUEGREEN CORPORATION
www.bluegreenonline.com Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

BLUEGREEN CORPORATION Misrepresentation of a vacation package Boca Raton, Florida

My husband and I are owners of Bluegreen Corporation.  What I know now, I would not have bothered to obligate myself.   We were vacationing at one of the resorts in South Carolina and went to an owners update meeting.  Of course, they will try to get you to sign up for more points, in which I do not recommend.   At any rate,  we told them we were financially stressed and were not able to do so at this time.  So naturally, they brought over their high pitched sales pressure team and offered us several packages.  We turned them down.

Finally, their top sales rep offered a Sampler package to be use within a year (9000 pts), no maintenance fees included.  He said we could rent them out and make a little cash during certain times of the seasons.  After doing a little researching, the points will not be enough to rent out.

According to Bluegreen website, I can cancel within 5 to 7 days, but several states may vary. So, I cancel within the next 24 hours.  I sent Bluegreen a certified letter to the top execs of the company requesting a cancellation.   I get an e-mail from one of their customer service reps saying the Sampler package can not be rescinded in the state of South Carolina.

I contacted the state of South Carolina attorney general office and asked if this was true, and they said it was.  Unfornaturely,  Bluegreen is not required to issue a cancellation clause in the state of South Carolina nor are they obligated to tell you that you can not cancel.  So, I interpret this saying they will LIE to you.

Beware of the timeshare industry and their scheems and tactics.  They are out to get your money.  If you are really interested in Timeshare, check out a legitimate realtor.  You will save money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BLUEGREEN-CORPORATION/Boca-Raton-Florida-/BLUEGREEN-CORPORATION-Misrepresentation-of-a-vacation-package-Boca-Raton-Florida-488972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BLUEGREEN CORPORATION