Complaint Review: BMW Mt. Kisco

• Updated: Sat, August 09, 2014

• Reported By: William I — Ossining New York
BMW Mt. Kisco
250 Kisco Avenue Mt. Kisco, New York USA

BMW Mt. Kisco BMW Mount Kisco Refused to Honor Extended Warranty Contract Mt. Kisco New York

*UPDATE Employee: BMW Mt. Kisco Responds to Compliant

in January of 2011 I purchased a 2010 BMW 550 xi for over $65,000 from BMW of Mt. Kisco. This was the second 5-series BMW I had purchased from this firm in 4 years. I put almost 50,000 miles on the car in two years and in May of 2013, I purchased an extended warranty for $8,800. I was unsure at the time if I wanted to keep the car, but relied on the representation of the business manager, Joe Buontempo, and on the terms of the warranty contract, that I would get back the unused portion of the warranty if I sold the car before the mileage or time limit on the warranty were up.

I traded in this car in November of 2013 and requested a refund of the unused portion of my warranty, $7,300, on February 4th of 2014. Since that time I have had nothing but a runaround. I finally called the third-party firm that manages the warranty program for BMW USA and they told me that BMW Mt. Kisco had not submitted my paperwork until May of 2014. But that they approved the refund in May of 2014 and it is up to BMW Mt. Kisco to repay me. It turns out that BMW Mt. Kisco got to keep the money I paid for my warranty, which may explain why they are not paying me what I am owed.

I am terribly upset to be abused by a company from whom I purchased over $130,000 worth of merchandise in only a few years. I could not imagine that they would rip-off a good customer like me. It is clear that I made a mistake: I trusted BMW of Mount Kisco. I will not make this mistake again, and recommend you don't either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2014 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BMW-Mt-Kisco/Mt-Kisco-New-York-10549/BMW-Mt-Kisco-BMW-Mount-Kisco-Refused-to-Honor-Extended-Warranty-Contract-Mt-Kisco-New-Y-1168683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BMW Mt. Kisco

BMW Mt. Kisco Responds to Compliant

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

On or about May 05, 2013 Mr. Ingraham contacted MW Mt. Kisco and purchased the following:

1. BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade, (a maintenance program) purchased for $2895.00.

2. BMW Extended Vehicle Protection Plan, (a vehicle mechanical warranty) purchased for $5384.00.

On or about May 2014 Mr. Ingraham contacted BMW Mt. Kisco to cancel his warranty. The "BMW Extended Vehicle Protection Plan" was cancelled and a pro-rata refund was processed by the warranty company. All refunds are calculated by the warranty company, not BMW Mt. Kisco. On August 11, 2014 BMW Mt. Kisco refunded the "BMW Extended Vehicle Protection Plan" to Mr. Ingraham via check #137233 in the amount of $4,420.27.

In regards to the "BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade", this is a product that once it is purchased / activated the only way it can be cancelled is if the vehicle itself has been declared a total loss by your insurance company. Trading in a vehicle does not qualify for a refund. This product should have added value to your car, as the maintenance program follows the car and will be active for the next owner(s), up to 6 years or 100,000 miles whichever comes first. The following cancellation language is exactly 2" inches above the spot where Mr. Ingraham signed the contract:

"REFUNDS"

A refund will be granted only if the ENROLLED VEHICLE is deemed a TOTAL LOSS while owned by you and it is still within the first 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the original and correct in-service date. Proper documentation, including a copy of this agreement and an insurance report declaring the ENROLLED VEHICLE a total loss and referencing the complete vehicle identification number, the incident date and vehicle mileage, will be required. A request for refund must be initiated through the BMW center that originally sold the Maintenance Program Upgrade.

The BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade is not eligible for cancellation. Mr. Ingraham has received all funds he is eligible to receive and is owed no further money or refund.

BMW Mt. Kisco