- Report: #1129564
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: BMW North America
BMW North America Fran Kirnum, Jodi Badagliacca Sold a vehicle they knew had MAJOR issues, then voided warranty New Jersey California
*Author of original report: You are inccorect
*Consumer Comment: Abuse or mis-use is NOT covered under any vehicle warranty.
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Received a call from BMW North America today saying "Sorry not our Problem"! We know the car was sent into the market place like this but we are going to void the manufactures warranty and you need to pay us $7000 to fix. BMW of America CEO Ludwig Willisch said the company is intensifying its "customer-driven focus" with the changes, which take effect Jan. 1.
I recently purchased a 2011 BMW 328i from a local dealership (not a BMW dealership), the vehicle had 30,000 original miles on the car and was still under manufactures warranty. Shortly after (about 2 days) I purchased the vehicle the check engine light came on and knowing that it was still under warranty I took it to my local dealer to get it check out. The day after I dropped the vehicle off they called and said they had found the problem and it would take a few days to fix. [continued below]....
• This was a BMW lease and I would be surprised that they were not aware that the vehicle hadn’t had an oil change during the entire life of the lease. I know that BMW keeps records on every vehicle and would be aware that there is a red flag here.
• Why did they sale the vehicle to another party knowing that there were red flags with the lack of regular maintenance performed on the vehicle
• As you can see from the picture, the area just below the oil cap was cleaned in the case someone looked inside they would see the damage
• This vehicle was looked at by 2 local BMW dealerships and GIVE A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH. Neither flagged the lack of any records regarding the scheduled maintenance. Both of these dealerships looked at the car before I purchased it.
o BMW of Fremont, CA did an inspection and Oil change on the vehicle and knew there was serious issues and still sold the car.
I am asking you to reconsider the decision that has been made as I think there were multiple areas where this could have been caught prior to the resale of the vehicle. I am a single dad and I now am sitting on a vehicle that I purchased for $25,000 and unable to cover cost of the repairs and unable to drive.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BMW-North-America/Fremont-California-94536/BMW-North-America-Fran-Kirnum-Jodi-Badagliacca-Sold-a-vehicle-they-knew-had-MAJOR-issue-1129564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.