Complaint Review: BNB Auto

6838 S 200 W Midvale, Utah United States of America

BNB Auto Rick Burton Underhanded Dealer Midvale, Utah

*Consumer Comment: Completely Unprofessional

*Consumer Comment: Couldn't agree more

This dealer listed an 06 Impala on the internet. When finally reaching Rick, the owner, we met him in an industrial area where the dealership was run out of a one car garage. The car was not the car that he had posted pics of; however, we test drove the car that he did have. He insisted that he be in the car for the test drive and was very particular as to where we drove and how fast we went. The car was clean and seemed to be in good condition. We returned the next day to take care of paperwork and pay Rick for the car. Rick had legit paperwork but did not offer us a temporary registration sticker only saying that since we planned on licenseing it ourselves he would not have to register it. When we took the car in to register it had to be inspected; however, the car would not pass an inspection. Rick had intentionally not disclosed the fact that the car had been wrecked and though it had been repaired it was not correct. We called Rick continuously for a week with no answer we had tried to return the vehicle within 3 days per his request if we were dissatisfied. When we were unable to reach him we filed a report with the Midvale Police. For the following week we left messages. Rick did not repond until we insisted that either he returns the call or we will take him to court. Then Rick did repsond in the most unprofessional manner, by TEXT.

DO NOT deal with this dealer. He will lie about whatever it takes to make the sale and will not return a call!!

BNB Auto in Midvale Utah

801-930-7637                       801-347-0262

Rick Burton, Sarah Louise Burton, E. Lynn Burton

They post ads on KSL and Craigslist

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2010 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BNB-Auto/Midvale-Utah-84047/BNB-Auto-Rick-Burton-Underhanded-Dealer-Midvale-Utah-581704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BNB Auto

Completely Unprofessional

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I attempted to buy a car from Rick Burton/BNB Auto. I sent him a deposit on Saturday to hold the car for a few days as I live in Nevada. He called that evening andsaid there was a problem picking upthe money at Western Union so he would try again on Monday and let me know if he had further problems.

I did not hear back from Rick and left him voice mail messages on Monday and Thursday which he did not return. After I had driven 250 miles on Friday to pick up the car, he finally sent me a text message saying that he had sold the car to someone else on Tuesday. He claimed that he tried to pick up the money four times and could not, but I know that to be a lie because I had verified with Western Union that it was available.

I firmly believe that Mr. Burton never attempted to pick up my deposit and deliberately sold this car out from under me. It would have taken him 30 seconds to call me and tell me the vehicle was sold, but instead he cost me over six hours and $75 in gas for the wasted trip. He is without a doubt the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with.

Couldn't agree more

AUTHOR: kenny412 - (United States of America)

We had the toughest time dealing with these people as customers. They have stiffed our sister store on the last few parts they have purchased. First the calls were ignored altogether, when he finally answered, and he learned who was calling played the "Hello? Hello? Hello? Bad connection" game.

He also posted some rather interesting reviews for my workplace on google, claiming that he talked to our VP of operations about how terrible his experience with us was. Note: for the previous 9 months he had been ordering parts for a rare model with a rare color scheme (less than 5 in the state) that had severe front end damage This is the only vehicle he ordered parts for. His bad experience consisted of him ordering parts that were not in our facing depot(so they would take longer than the normal 1-2 business days), then demanding that we send those parts to an Angel's body shop. When no one was there to accept them he told us to just leave it behind a barrel on the side of the building. He called to order more parts, and again they were not parts that our depot had available. After 3 days of waiting for his parts he began harassing my co-workers and myself, refusing to understand that a part from New York will not be sent overnight. We got his parts in and called to get payment, when no one could be reached we had no choice but to hold on to the parts until they were paid for. It took 2 more days for him to call back, by then he was mad that we "didn't call him". This time he had us deliver the parts to a home address, and again no one was around to take delivery. My driver called me to find out what to do, then BNB called. This guy was furious because he thought he had told us to deliver his parts to his shop. Not sure how we would have gotten his home address without him telling us, but he still claimed we were wrong. A few weeks later he decided he didn't need a few of the parts and called us demanding credit for them. We are fine with issuing credits, as long as we have the undamaged, uninstalled part in hand. He insisted he had returned them and we were ripping him off. He called daily and talked with every manager in the dealership to try to get his credit. A week later he called us asking if our driver could pick up the parts he found that he wanted to return. No apology for the misunderstanding, no admitting a mistake.

We thought everything was okay until one of our employees found his negative review on google. His claim was that the process took weeks instead of days, and that he was ignored by management. One of our employees attempted to return a review but could not find BNB even through google, so left the review on Angel's auto body. The rebuttal for that review resulted in him claiming he had received an apology from our VP of operations and that our driver had been fired due to incompetence. He also claimed that they had been ordering parts for a different vehicle each time and that my employee was "a moron" for thinking otherwise. This was interesting to me since our driver has recently been promoted because of his stellar work ethics and job performance. We haven't had to fire an employee from our department in almost 4 years. Our crew has stayed on with us for so long because we have a system, and do our jobs very well.

Our sister store refuses to do any business with them at all, they are the only people on our account who we have turned into cash-prepay only in the entire time our store has been open. I'm not going to tell you not to do business with them, but I will tell you to proceed with extreme caution.