Complaint Review: BoatsToGo.com

• Submitted: Thu, March 31, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 01, 2011

• Reported By: Ron Olsen — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
1945 N.E. 149th Street No. Miami, Florida United States of America

BoatsToGo.com Claims that bec of credit card rules they cannot sell to Hawaii No. Miami , Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer is correct!

I live in Hawaii and I tried to buy one of their Saturn 12 foot inflatable boats and have it shipped to me, they said they could not send it to anyone in Hawaii because it would have to be shipped to the billing address and couldn't do that because of credit card rules.

Then they tried to shift me off to a new Hawaii dealer who would charge me $300 more for an 11 foot than it would cost from them for a 12 footer from then and two shippings!

Anyway the long and short of it, I bought the same exact boat from another dealer for $120 less than the price at boatstogo when one includes their $119 shipping charge and another $118, if they will do it, not!

The other dealer will honor both my credit card and my real mailing address and will ship it directly to me is inflatableboatssale.com

Do not deal with boatstogo they do not want to sell boats!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2011 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BoatsToGocom/No-Miami-Florida-33181/BoatsToGocom-Claims-that-bec-of-credit-card-rules-they-cannot-sell-to-Hawaii-No-Miami-712431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BoatsToGo.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer is correct!

AUTHOR: BoatsToGo - (United States of America)

Customers are always right! And this particular customer is almost correct in all his statements, except very last one:

1. As per our shipping policy at http://www.boatstogo.com/shipping.asp, we do not ship to Hawaii.

2. As per our dealer list at http://www.boatstogo.com/dealers.asp, we do have local dealer in Hawaii, and it is up to him to set up retail prices.

3. As per our payment policy at http://www.boatstogo.com/PaymentPolicy.asp, we ship expensive merchandise, such as inflatable boats, only to the credit card billing address. And that is credit cards policy that in order to be protected from charge back claims, we must ship to the credit card billing address.

4.Customer is correct, there are always other merchandise sold somewhere, and may be even at lower prices.

However, this customer forgot to mention that first he tried to lie to us by faking his billing address, and then he called and was very rude on the phone, then sent whole bunch of angry emails. At the end, we are happy that we didnt sell our product to this particular customer, because he is hysterical, delusional and mentally unstable.

We work very hard to keep our customers happy as reflected in our customers testimonials posted at http://www.boatstogo.com/testimonials.asp
The only statement we cant agree with is that we dont want to sell boats. That is plain wrong!

We do want to sell boats. Please go to our web site http://www.BoatsToGo.com and you will see that we do make boating affordable!