Complaint Review: Bob Hurley Ford

• Submitted: Sat, April 22, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, April 22, 2006

• Reported By:Coweta Oklahoma
Bob Hurley Ford
745 W 51st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Bob Hurley Ford ripoff Dishonest, coerced my name and social security number from my wife, against our wishes and my expressed NO! Filed BBB FTC and pending suit with wife. Tulsa Oklahoma

Went with wife to purchase truck from Hurley Ford on 2-7-05 and 8-10 days later they call and want my information as well to put on contract. I told them "No,that is not going to happen as the contract is with my wife not me".

Hurley Ford then called my wife at her work and told her that it was for information only to be in their files and nothing more, so she filled out the form minus my social and gave federal statute number for privacy and right of refusal to divulge social security number.

She gave my name on the form that the sent over to her work with one of their employees. My wife annotated on the form that it was not to be used for credit and they told her it would not be that they just wanted basic information to complete their files. Nor did she supply my SSN.

When Bob Hurley Ford got the form back to the office they repeatedly called my wife back at work and told her that if she did not provide they would take truck back or report stolen. She then gave them my SSN and they tried to apply my name to the loan and contract unbeknownst to me.

My wife called and told me these things and I was angry so I called and told them that the contract was with my wife and not me and that I would, indeed, report them for coercing my information from my wife, under duress, after I told them "No". They did in fact run my credit and my background report, and later used that information to renege on HER contract AND also have run an unauthorized background check and used the information to discredit MY reputation, when I had NO business dealings with them.

Jj
Coweta, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2006 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bob-Hurley-Ford/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74107/Bob-Hurley-Ford-ripoff-Dishonest-coerced-my-name-and-social-security-number-from-my-wife-188063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob Hurley Ford