Complaint Review: bob metcalf

• Submitted: Sat, May 12, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, May 12, 2012

• Reported By: weslo — lubbock Texas United States of America
bob metcalf
painters company out of michigan springfield, Massachusetts United States of America

bob metcalf using drugs on the job site, overworking employees, pay was cash under the table,several were not paid springfield, Massachusetts

Bob metcalf hired me in lubbock tx to repaint towne places suites of marriot. first couple days were good. Then past employees were showing up for there pay that was owed to them, bob said then tell them you haven't seen me today. I thought nothing of it.  The next day we took break at 10am i went outside Bob and the rest of the crew were out back by the dumpsters. I walked over there and another worker offered me a marijuana joint, i shook my head and said you all should be smarter than that. The following day I had a family emergency and called in.  I arrived at work the next day and was fired for missing a day. I believe it was because of the smoking incident. Bob wrote down that i had 32 hrs ($352) he would pay me on Friday now he does not answer his phone and will not contact me it has been 3wks, i just found out they are on there way to kentucky to start another hotel. They cut so many corners that shouldn't have been cut. and several employees that did not get paid for there hard work so please beware of this employer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2012 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bob-metcalf/springfield-Massachusetts-/bob-metcalf-using-drugs-on-the-job-site-overworking-employees-pay-was-cash-under-the-t-881857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bob metcalf