Complaint Review: Bob Rohrman Auto Group

• Submitted: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, July 26, 2009

• Reported By:rensselaer Indiana
Bob Rohrman Auto Group
701 Sagamore Parkway Lafayette, Indiana U.S.A.

Bob Rohrman Auto Group sold me a van with transmission problems Lafayette Indiana

*Consumer Comment: So true

*Consumer Suggestion: Your own fault

I went in to Bob Rohrman on July 22, 2009 to look at vehicles. I purchased a 2000 Grand Caravan sport after test driving it and asking several questions to the sales man Todd Armstrong. I asked Todd has this van been inspected he said yes. I asked him are the engine and transmission in good condition he said oh yes. I test drove the van and did not see any signs of malfunction.

Once I purchased the van and got it home the engine light came on and the transmission started slipping. Was this really happening to me so I went in the morning to auto zone and they plugged a device in to read the codes the van had. This van has 6 transmission codes. There is no way that all happened on the way home. They knew exactly what they were selling me.

I called Todd and I told him what happened and his response was you bought it as is I said I am aware of that but I asked you if the engine and transmission were in good condition and you said yes. Todd said well I know they were checked but I don't know how well and I personally never drove the van so I wouldn't know (Then why did you say yes when I asked) Todd said I will have to talk to my manager and get back to you.

Todd called me back 20 minutes later telling me to bring the van back Monday afternoon and they would give me a 1995 Ford Windstar. I did some research on the internet and the 1995 Ford Windstar has a very bad reputation with engine problems and the trade in value in good condition is only worth $500.00 why would I want that kind of a deal. I am not a happy person right now I would rather get a 2000 Dodge Grand caravan or something equivalent. I will not stop here if I don't get treated fairly.

Patty
rensselaer, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2009 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bob-Rohrman-Auto-Group/Lafayette-Indiana-47905/Bob-Rohrman-Auto-Group-sold-me-a-van-with-transmission-problems-Lafayette-Indiana-473406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob Rohrman Auto Group

So true

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

You have no one to blame but yourself. First, for trusting a used car salesman. Second for not having the vehicle checked BEFORE you bought it. It was sold to you " AS IS ". You signed the paperwork. You screwed yourself.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Your own fault

AUTHOR: Hugh Jass - (U.S.A.)

Why, oh why, do all these posters whine "I've been ripped off" when the same 2 facts are the same in every post...
1. You never had the vehicle inspected BEFORE you bought it.
2. You knew the car was "as is" but bought it anyway.
You screwed yourself with a lack of common sense.