• Report: #412035

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:Branford Connecticut
Bob's Of Milford
750 Bridgeport Ave Milford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Bob's Of Milford Bait and switch Milford Connecticut

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bob's Buick GMC now under new management

I went to Bob's of Milford because of their TV ad about getting those of us with bad credit a loan no matter what. This is the subsidary of Bob's Dodge in Naugatuck. My wife and I went on the evening of January 7th, 2009.

During the very friendly discusiion with the salesman, I laid my cards on the table. I knew that my credit was bad, but that I had a $2000 down payment that I could put towards a new vehicle. And was told no problem. After a few minutes of refilling out a credit application ( had done one on line earlier in the day ), I was told that for $300/ month I could purchase an 04 Ford Escape with about 50K in miles. The cost of the vehicle was $9999.00, so with my down payment I was looking at a cost of 7999.00 plus tax, tags and title. Which I was ok with since I could afford that. So, I signed some preliminary paperwork and was told that my application would be submitted to the bank for approval and in a week would be driving the Escape. Fortunately, I only gave them a check for $100 as a retainer.

I called on Monday the 12th and was promptly told that I would have to wait another week to 10 days before I was even approved!!!! Right then and there, I told the finance officer that I wanted my $100 back. And was told that I would have to contact the salesman. On Wednesday the 14th, I finally was able to contact the salesman, who told that I had to show up at the dealership with a copy of the cashed check to get my money back. I then informed the salesman that i did not have to show up but that he had to get my money back to me since I did not want to follow through with the deal.

To me this is the old bait and switch routine. Say one thing on the ad and not follow through with it. I am not appalled but will be more wary of those in business in this state. I will never go to this dealer or any of it's subsidiaries ever. Watch out!

Leonard
Branford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bobs-Of-Milford/Milford-Connecticut-06460/Bobs-Of-Milford-Bait-and-switch-Milford-Connecticut-412035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob's Of Milford

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bob's Buick GMC now under new management

AUTHOR: General Manager - ()

Leonard,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry you had an unpleasant experience at Bob's of Milford. As of September 2013, Bob's is under new management. Please know we will never deceive or cheat our customers in any way, and we'd like to repair our relationship with you. We look forward to starting with a clean slate and hopefully earning your business again.

Be well,