Complaint Review: Boda Botanicals, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, February 10, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 10, 2010

• Reported By: Faith — Sonora California U.S.A.
Boda Botanicals, Inc.
1633 Pine Street Boulder, Colorado United States of America

Boda Botanicals, Inc. Company refused to cancel and kept billing my credit card Boulder, Colorado

Company had a free trial offer. I tried "free" offer, then cancelled after free trial. Company did not cancel and kept charging my card.

Boda Botanicals has a free trial offer for one month for a weight loss supplement on their website: http://www.bodaweightloss.com.  I ordered one bottle of the product and was charged $5.95 on my credit card on 10/1/09 for the shipping cost.  I tried the product for one month. I was charged $69.95 on 11/1/09 for the bottle I received.

After I was charged I called the phone number listed on the website 303-928-7161 during the week during business hours. No one answered the phone so I left a message on the answering machine.  I left my phone number for a phone call and no one called me back.  I called a few more times and no one answered that line.

On December 1, 2009 I was charged $75.90 for this product again.  I sent Boda an email to their listed email at: orders@bodabotanicals.com and told them I had left them a message cancelling my order and I did not want the product shipped to me. I asked for a response to confirm my cancellation.  They did not email me back.

They shipped the product to me against my wishes. I wrote "refused, return to sender" on the package after it arrived and sent it back without opening the package.  I disputed the charge on my credit card and they are telling my credit card company that this is a legitimate charge and they shipped me the product.

Again they have charged another $75.90 on 2/6/10.  I have left numerous messages on their phone line, emailed them, and refused the December shipment, and disputed the 12/1/09 charge.  Why would they charge my credit card again?  It is like they are forcing me to keep getting their product and charging me.

This company does not answer their emails or phone calls.  They ignored my requests to cancel this shipment.  They are trying to force me to pay for unwanted products that I refused.  It was supposed to be a "free" trial.  This company is unethical and does not follow good business practices.

I want everyone to be warned to not order any product from this company!  I cancelled the order because I didn't feel the product worked for weight loss.  They make it very difficult to cancel.  The customer service is terrible.  I have ordered products from other companies trying out a "free" trial, cancelled, and had no problems.  I rarely write bad reviews unless I feel the company is unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2010 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boda-Botanicals-Inc/Boulder-Colorado-80302/Boda-Botanicals-Inc-Company-refused-to-cancel-and-kept-billing-my-credit-card-Boulder-567405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boda Botanicals, Inc.