Complaint Review: bodykits.com

• Submitted: Fri, July 20, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Baton Rouge Louisiana United States of America
20819 Currier Road, Suite 100 Walnut, California United States of America

bodykits.com Extreme Dimensions Sold me a piece of junk that didn't fit and backed out of a "guaranteed" refund. Walnut, California

I have a C5 Corvette that I wanted to put a modified front bumper on and found the Bodykits.com website, watched the video of how their product is so much better that everyone else, and called them to get some more information. I asked the sales rep if they guaranteed it would fit and she advised, "All of our kits are pre-fitted to make sure they will fit and we guarantee they will. If it doesn't we will refund your money." They also said they will pay for return shipping, as it cost almost 200.00 to ship a 400.00 part. So what did we have to lose? We bought the part and it arrived on time, but was a piece of junk. It would not even go on the car, the bolt holes were all off line, there were no mounts for the lights, the corners we all off by inches, and was so bad that there was no way to refab it to fit. Being dissatisfied, we contacted the proprietor and he told us "just sand it a little, we aren't taking it back. [continued below]....
....." All of the sandpaper in the world would not fix this and now we are out of 600.00. We tried to negotiate but they would not make any attempt to resolve this issue. Not only did they get us, but I have spoken with a few others who tried them after the fact, and they received junk also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 01:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bodykitscom/Walnut-California-91789/bodykitscom-Extreme-Dimensions-Sold-me-a-piece-of-junk-that-didnt-fit-and-backed-out-of-914788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bodykits.com