Complaint Review: BOND AUTO

BOND AUTO BONDS AUTO SLAMS DISABLED VETERANS ST PETERSBURG Florida

*Author of original report: BOND AUTO IS NOT FOR VETS

*Consumer Comment: Question

*General Comment: AS is

I am a disabled veteran who recently purchased a car at the St. Petersburg FL Bond Auto which is a "buy here pay here as is" dealership.  After one day of driving the vehicle I noticed what appeared to be a problem with the brakes and notified Bond Auto who asked me to bring the vehicle back to have it looked at.  Upon arrival at the dealership, the owner went for a ride with me to determine the problem and without a word ended the drive threw the keys at me and walked off.  Having already informed the sales department of my concern for safety.....having been in a previous accident which resulted in severe injuries.......

I attempted to ask the owner what the problem, if any, there was with the brakes.  In front of other customers the owner screamed and asked me if I understood what "AS IS" means.  I told him if that was his position then why did your dealership ask me to bring the vehicle in........I would have never been subjected to treatment, I got no response.  I then attempted to get the auto mechanic to look at the vehicle, which he was willing to do, but the Owner ordered him not to assist a disabled Veteran.

Subsequently, to add further insult to the situation, the owner expedited the processing of my tags to invalidate my temporary tags within 8 days of purchase thus creating an increased first payment knowing that I had explained in detail that I was a disabled Veteran who did not have an enourmous amount of upfront monies.  This has also created an inability for me to have the necessary repairs needed to insure the safefy of myself and my family.

I feel the total lack of professionalism and the manipulation of the process to create a burden for a disabled veteran is deplorable.  I have since strongly urged all Veterans to avoid Bond Auto in St Petersburg because of how they treat disabled Veterans.  I will continue to advise Veterans by the various forums available, that Bond Auto is not the place for Veterans and their families to purchase vehicles.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2013 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BOND-AUTO/ST-PETERSBURG-Florida-33714/BOND-AUTO-BONDS-AUTO-SLAMS-DISABLED-VETERANS-ST-PETERSBURG-Florida-1104885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BOND AUTO

BOND AUTO IS NOT FOR VETS

AUTHOR: ANONYMOUS - ()

To follow-up on my previous Complaint, my status as a Veteran is something that was seriously earned just like some of your own employees who served honorably.  It was there professionalism that made me feel as if I was in the right place, however, that sentiment is not something that the Owner obviously advocates.  My monies were the same monies as any other customer, I WAS NOT AND I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT, JUST THE SAME COURTESY AND RESPECT YOU SHOW YOUR OWN VETS.  The vehicle in question has since broken down due to transmission problems.......A WEEK AFTER PURCHASE.  That is not a Vet looking for special benefits, that is a Vet looking for a true American businessman who is not dedicating his life to lining his pockets off the backs of those who have served.  There is no racial issue involved Sir, I honor all those who have served every day of my life.  If I sound upset Sir it is because the Service you provided AS IS to an American and a Veteran was deplorable and disgraceful.  Your poor choice of words is reflective of your lack of professionalism and understanding the ideals that seperate us.........GREEN IS YOUR CHOICE OF COLOR, MINE IS RED WHITE AND BLUE!

Question

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Do you consider the agreed upon terms of an AS-IS sale to be different for disabled veterans?

#3 General Comment

AS is

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Sorry but you went there and made the purchase. Its a AS IS lot. You knew that going in. You cant NOW sit back and claim they are discriminating against you BECAUSE you are a veteran. They would tell you the same thing even if you were not a veteran. You are attempting to use your "veteran" status as a weapon and a sheild. One to sheild you from the consiquences of your own actions, and as a weapon because YOU think YOU deserve better then anyone else. Let me be the first to inform you of something buddy. Yes you are a "Vet" but WHO DO YOU THINK PAID AND PAYS FOR YOU TO BE A VET? THE AMERICAN CITIZEN!!! Those very same ppl who you wish to bash because you made a poor chioce PAY FOR YOU!!!

SO awful classy of you to have buyers remorse then bash the same ppl who help pay for you. Yes we respect the work you did all those years ago. But NOW you are nothing more then another CITIZEN. Why SHOULD they give you ANYMORE then they already have to? YOU made the choice. YOU have to live with it. Thats the problem with AS IS.

Unless it falls into the Lemon Law of your state, there isnt much they are going to be able to do. And dont sit there and try and tell us how you were "Nice and Polite", given the tone of your post Im betting you use your VET status every chance you get. The very same ppl you are attempting to bash are only human. As such they can get fed up with your BS rather quickly. You are attempting to get MORE then you deserve out of this situation and youre attempting to use internet blackmail to get them to change their minds.

Honor, DUTY, sacrifice.....any of this ringing a bell?