Complaint Review: Bookbyte

• Submitted: Tue, December 07, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, December 07, 2010

• Reported By: skorpyo33 — Palm Bay Florida United States of America
Salem, Oregon United States of America

Bookbyte Steven Gross- President/ owner Sent textbook in to online buyback company named bookbyte and then was recycled. Whatever that means. Salem, Oregon

Bookbyte.com is a scam and needs to be brought to some kind of judgement for mishandling of my account. Lawyers pay close attention please. Due to my issue with dealing with bookbyte.com I no longer feel safe selling or entrusting my textbook with any online buyback book online company. I had a problem with a previous company as well and had my book returned to me. Got lucky on that one.

The problem is this. When i sent my Anatomy and Physiology book by Saladin 5th edition(im sure he would like to know where his books end up) postage payed by the company I was lured in by an amount quoted to me on the website bookbyte.com of $65.oo if the book was in good condition, which it was before sending it via Fedex in sturdy packaging. When there was no feedback from this company for at least 2 weeks i decided to give them a call. When a woman finally picked up at bookbyte I asked what was the progress on my account. She then followed up with that the pages were stuck together and was deemed worthless and that I would receive 0 dollars for the book which was bought 2 mos before brand new at an alarming 250 dollars.

Then i asked where the book is now, and got another intelligent response of it is "recycled" and the book is gone. Wow talk about being sucked in. One last thing. I read a reply on a complaint made to this company on another website, saying that this person worked with Steven Gross and that the company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and that of course at least one person is going to get ripped off by a company that is doing an extreme amount of business with an A+ rating and it is acceptable.

I followed up with if your going to rip 1 person off your going to rip more people off in the future. These crooks have done nothing for me for receiving my hard earned book and that to me means bad business. If anyone has anything remotely intelligent to say about this matter please let it be to help me fight back against companies that are in the same categories as telemarketers and a big ripoff.    Email scorpyo2010@gmail.com       Help , someone out there , please.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2010 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bookbyte/Salem-Oregon-/Bookbyte-Steven-Gross-President-owner-Sent-textbook-in-to-online-buyback-company-named-b-668993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bookbyte