cast

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Scott — Honolulu Hawaii USA
Boost Mobil, Upnext Wireless, Honolulu
1027B Pensacola St. Honolulu, Hawaii United States of America

Boost Mobil, Upnext Wireless, Honolulu Boost Mobile Dealer Upnext Wireless sold me Boost phone but Boost took 36 days to admit they couldn't port my number over. Upnext wireless, the dealer wouldn't take phone back $100 rip off. Honolulu, Hawaii

*Consumer Comment: Number porting

I purchased a Boost mobile phone and Unlimited service for $50 a month from a local Boost mobile Dealer here in Honolulu - Upnext Wireless. I told them to port my phone number over to Boost mobile from my previous carrier Mobi PCS. For over one month I was given the run around by Boost Mobile customer service reps and Techs. When people called me, half the time they would get a message "Welcome to Mobi PCS, the number you have dialed is unassigned". I would get the same message when I called my Voice mailbox. After telling me they would call back on 5 separate occasions and never calling back, I started calling them and going to the Dealer Store to have them call Boost mobile. After six weeks,  Sprint (the porting group) and Boost mobile "Escalation" department finally admitted that they could not fix it. I went back to the Dealer, Upnext Wireless and they told me that they would not take the phone back and give me a refund even though they knew it was not working with the Boost Mobile service. When I went to the Upnext Wireless originally, they were offering 3 Boost phones for sale but they said that they were out of stock on the cheaper phones and the only one available was $100. I feel like I was defrauded from the start. I lost business because people thought that my phone was disconnected. I just hope that more people will check out this website so that they might avoid what I went through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2009 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobil-Upnext-Wireless-Honolulu/Honolulu-Hawaii-96814/Boost-Mobil-Upnext-Wireless-Honolulu-Boost-Mobile-Dealer-Upnext-Wireless-sold-me-Boost-500606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobil, Upnext Wireless, Honolulu

Number porting

AUTHOR: satin6666 - (United States of America)

Hey ID10T did you follow the instructions.
Boost Mobile

Yes. Go to the website and click on Activate in the top menu bar. On the right side, under Activation Tools, click Port Eligibility Check. Youll then enter in your number, and Boost will tell you if it can be transferred. If it can, you can proceed with activation online. Or just give customer service a call: 888-266-7848.

It can take up to 7 days and there are no guarantees the porting will work.