Complaint Review: boost mobile

• Submitted: Sat, October 13, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 13, 2012

• Reported By: melissaan — downers grove Illinois United States of America
boost mobile

boost mobile beware of fake calls that drain your account , Internet

I had a pay per call plan with boostmobile, my account was low and I charged $10, the next morning I received a low balance notice and looked up my account online and found a zero balance and in incoming call from 331-826-0719 for 50 minutes... I did not pick up the phone or use the phone the previous night or in the morning. I called 331-826-0719 and received the message "this number is not in service", I then googled the number and other people were reporting it is a Sprint 3rd party verification service (boost is a subsidiary of Sprint). I called boost and they refused to credit for their fraudulent call. I cancelled the account and called my Bank of America mastercard, who told me they cannot dispute the charge because I gave them my credit card number when I setup the account, and that boost charged me an additional $10, and they could do nothing about it. So basically sprint/boost has access to your phone numbers and credit card and will use it to call to drain your account, then charge you again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/boost-mobile/internet/boost-mobile-beware-of-fake-calls-that-drain-your-account-Internet-954595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on boost mobile