Complaint Review: Boost Mobile

• Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: vmm_seattle — Seattle Washington
Boost Mobile
P.O. Box 54988,Irvine,CA 92619 Irvine, California USA

Boost Mobile Sprint 3G/4G Capable Phone upgrade not compatible with $35.00 3G price plan Irvine California

I was required to give up my grandfathered $35.00 per month android coverage when I went to my new Samsung II 4G (Phone Upgrade). Phone said it was 3G/4G on box. Told customer care 4G does not function where I live... have to turn off 4G and operate phone in 3G to get any connection! Should not have to loose my grandfathered price since the sytem does not function as promised just to have newer adroid phone. Upon website review.. I found after 1.5 GB of 4G data download all data is throttled back to 3G anyways! Customer care told me over and over they were sorry and would escalate my situation, but my phone requiures a 4G plan and there was no way to operate in 3G only. Customer care also told me they were phasing out the grandfathered $35.00 plans. Spent over three hours on phone trying to get help. Problem never escalated, no return call. Was hung up on over 4 occassions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile/Irvine-California-92619/Boost-Mobile-Sprint-3G4G-Capable-Phone-upgrade-not-compatible-with-3500-3G-price-plan-1066182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile