Complaint Review: Boost Mobile

• Updated: Tue, November 01, 2011

• Reported By: Jennifer — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Boost Mobile
11950 sw garden place portland, Oregon United States of America

Boost Mobile POS DEBIT VESTA *BOOST PREPAID 888-440-9958 OR fraudulent debit card charges portland, Oregon

Two charges appeared on my online bank statement last evening. My debit card was missing at the time so I didn't know if it was done online or in person. The entries on my statement read: POS DEBIT VESTA *BOOST PREPAID 888-440-9958 OR.

The first charge was for 54.01, the second for 27.00. My first reaction was to call my bank and report my card stolen, which I did, but since the charges were still pending, I'd need to call back and file claims on them once they cleared.

They were still pending today and I needed more info on who did this, especially after looking up all the fraud reports on the web, so I called their 888 number and reached Boost Mobile. After a 5 minute hold time, I was told to select from some automated options. The next red flag - what company do you know of that lists "If you're calling about charges you do not recognize, press 1;", as their first option?

The rep informed me that the charges were declined by the bank, so they'd be refuneded within 3 business days and never actually post. He gave me the area code and last 4 numbers of the phone number (no one I knew), but all he would confirm otherwise was that the account was in my name but with an obviously wrong address, which was not in my city nor the next city I guessed.

I thanked him and hung up, and am awaiting the reversal of the fees and the arrival of my new debit card. How are they obtaining all the card info for all of these fraudulent transactions? Or can anyone just come in with any card they find and use it and the person's name for an account? Ridiculous!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2011 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile/portland-Oregon-/Boost-Mobile-POS-DEBIT-VESTA-BOOST-PREPAID-888-440-9958-OR-fraudulent-debit-card-charges-794272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile