Complaint Review: boostmygrades

• Submitted: Thu, March 29, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: david — austin Texas United States of America
boostmygrades

boostmygrades boostmygrades.com Boostmygrades SCAMMED ME out of my money and threatened me Internet, Internet

*General Comment: Response to owner:

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Not Worth Going to Jail

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Accusation from Competitor

I was looking for help on my economics test on google when I came across this website boostmygrades

I signed up and filled out the form asking me what I need help with. Then I was given a quote instantly and asked to make payment. I didnt realize that they would want to do it for me. I thought I was supposed to receive tutoring. The representative on the phone was very pushy asking me to pay with my credit card. I was hesistant because he didnt know much about economics yet he said he would be taking my test. I finally gave it to him and I authorized a charge of 150.00. The next day I saw my credit card statement and there were fradulent purchases made for 683.00 for an apple ipad along with the 150.00. They didnt even help with my exam and when I called to complain and asked about the charge for the ipad they denied making the purchase and that If I keep calling they will email my school and tell them I am cheating.  This is blackmail and fraud and Im putting it out there for anyone thinking about doing business with this horrible company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2012 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/boostmygrades/internet/boostmygrades-boostmygradescom-Boostmygrades-SCAMMED-ME-out-of-my-money-and-threatened-m-861162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on boostmygrades

#1 General Comment

Response to owner:

AUTHOR: Nestor - (U.S.A.)

Even if what you said were true, it would not prove that the OP is your "competition".  All it proves is that the OP is lying.  But that's assuming that what you say is actually true.

Your website claims that it is not considered cheating, but by doing someone's homework, exams, and online discussions, you are giving them an unfair academic advantage, which is the definition of academic dishonesty (cheating).

In the end, the ones that seek to do business with your company deserve what they get.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not Worth Going to Jail

AUTHOR: jackalbert - (United States of America)

I was hired by this company 2 months ago, when they first started up. The owner's claims are in fact false. The owner instructed us to always obtain the credit card information from the customers over the phone. Im guessing this is so there would be no trace of evidence. Also, the information that you enter into their secure system, is sold to various companies. So you think its safe, but when you go to apply for a job and they see that you cheated in school, its not really worth it. This is a boiler room scam operation run out of a rinky dink office with cellphones. I dont want this on my resume, so I quit before the ship goes down. I googled the company name to see if they were still in business, and sure enough the complaints are starting to surface so I thought Id shed some perspective on it.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Accusation from Competitor

AUTHOR: BMG - (United States of America)

This posting was created by a competitor.  There are several points which indicate this claim is untrue

• Payment is not required instantly through our interface as was accused

• Our call reps are not the ones doing the work, they help gather all the requirements before assigning the work to the appropriate tutor

• When paying through the interface, we do not have access to credit card information, it is handled by a secure 3rd party

• Representative do not ask for address information and thus cannot make fraudulent purchases

• We have no record of the poster of this claim in our system