Complaint Review: Box Office Ticket Sales

Box Office Ticket Sales
7561 Main Street Omaha, Nebraska USA

Box Office Ticket Sales FRAUDS! Omaha Nebraska

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Box Office Ticket Sales

I called Box Office Tickets on May 16th to order WWE wrestling on July 16th and was shocked when they told me the price of the tickets were $99 each.  I bought 4 tickets anyway, with a grand total of $480 ($14.95 shipping and $69.30 "other expense") for my 14-year-olds birthday which is in July.  After 3 weeks of not receiving the tickets I called the company and low-and-behold they were shipping them that very day.  OK so far no issue.  I received the tickets and immedietly opened the FedEx envelope just to find out that not only are they photocopied tickets of different seats that were promised to me, but the face value was $37!  Almost three times higher!!

Practically in tears with my voice shaking I called the company and explained to them my issue.  They told me that ticket prices go up when it gets closer to the show.  This was a direct lie since I ordered the tickets the day they went on sale!  After arguing with a sales person for some time I asked to speak with a supervisor or a manager which, of course, were all busy.  He took my phone number and said someone will get right back to me.  4 days later I have yet to hear from them.  I am not suprised due to the lack of sympathy and support I got from whoever I spoke to.

This company reminds me of insurance companies who deny patient of life saving surgeries and don't seem to have a care in the world.  Just a "theres nothin I can do about it" attitude.  I don't know how certain people can rip others off and go to bed with a clear conscience at night.  I will never ever use this company again and I will make sure everyone I know doesn't either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Box-Office-Ticket-Sales/Omaha-Nebraska-68127/Box-Office-Ticket-Sales-FRAUDS-Omaha-Nebraska-1057852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Box Office Ticket Sales

Response from Box Office Ticket Sales

AUTHOR: boxofficeticketsales - ()

Hello,

Box Office Ticket Sales is a ticket marketplace. We have a number of different sellers who set their ticket prices independently. We simply provide the pricing avaialble to us on the date of the sale.

It is unfortunate that you are upset over the face value of the tickets. We sell tickets above and below face vlaue,  depending on availability and the amount of inventory on hand. At no time during the sale of the tickets did you express any concern regarding where you were calling or that the tickets were higher than face value, We are happy to discuss this information with our customers if they have any questions.

If you are looking to only purchase tickets for face value, you would have needed to contact the Dunkin Donuts Arena directly for their availability. We are able to source tickets that may no longer be available from the original point of purchase, like the lower level, second row seats that you purchased. I do see that you purchased your tickets the date they originally went on sale, so they may or may not have been available from the venue directly, as ticekts sell out very quickly.

We fail to see how a WWE ticket purchase for a 14-year-old's birthday gift is at all comparable to "life saving surgeries". At the time of the sale, you were told all sales are final, there are no refunds, exchanges, or cancellations. The representative then asked if it was okay to process the order, you had ample opportunity to ask any additional questions, and then let the sales rep know to "hurry up and process it before I change my mind".

We are sympathetic to your plight if you have located less expensive tickets or changed your mind on the gift. We just don't have the flexability to be able to refund ticket sales, as tickets are one-of-a-kind items. Ticket sellers, including primary sellers, have the same policy accross the board. We do hope that your son enjoys the birthday gift.

Sarah Sexton