Complaint Review: Brad Burns

16915 River Willow Dr. Spring, Texas USA
  • Phone: 281-814-6904
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Brad Burns Chad Burns Poker PlayerChad Burns Texas Hold Em Chad Burns conned me out of $6000.00 as well as others thousands Spring Texas

Chad Burns is a con man that will milk you for thousands of dollars. He comes across as a trust worthy individual and caring individual. He meets most of his victims at expensive places playing the role of a high roller. He loves the golf course is found in North Houston and Montgomery County.

I met him a month or two ago, yet started playing regular golf with him on November 15th, 2013. He drives a new Lexus IS 350 and brags of his 30 pairs of golf shoes, shirts and monthly mani pettis and how he made hundreds of thousands of dollars playing Texas Hold em. You can see he has some results years ago, but brags they have not posted all of his wins. [continued below]....

..... (Hope he is paying his taxes). He bragged to me he had won 100,000 dollars in legal card tournaments in Houston, Texas.

He took me for $6,000 and $1500 from a friend. Then I found he has been doing this for quite some time. You have to go to You Tube and search Chad Burns Poker and you will find several videos that other people have made mocking him as a deutsch bag. Unfortunately his name did not come up on Google. Once I realized I had been scammed I searched harder and found him all over Yahoo and Bing.

He texted me consistently how he was going to crush souls and make us hundreds of thousands of dollars. He also tried to get between me and my family and text me nearly 2900 text in just a few weeks talking about how he would make millions. He bragged about how he knew everyone, even took me around and got free rounds of golf (I am sure he conned those as well). Said he was even good friends of Jonathan Vegas.

For two weeks he kept me occupied playing golf or working on a new car.

He conned me into hiring him as an independent rep to represent our company and he was to go to Las Vegas to play Texas Hold Em on the weekend of 11/29/2013 and come back Wednesday 12/4/2013. He reassured me he would break even and aid doubling the money was an easy task.

I gave him 5200.00 just prior to leaving, 500 a few days prior to that and purchased the ticket a day prior for a total over $6000.00.

He was to play 3 tournaments with 5200 cash in his pocket and I also paid his Airfare and hotel. Each tournament was 1,100, 1600 and 1600, A total of 4,300. This left him 300 for his room (He had hotel comped rooms because he played there all the time so he said) and 350 for food, A total of 4900 leaving him 300 for extra expenses. Air fare was paid in full prior as well as another 700 for a grand total of over $6,100.00.

He flew in late evening and started his first tournament Saturday at 12 noon Vegas time. By 7pm Houston time, 5pm Vegas time he text me and said he did horrible and was out of the first tournament.

So that is 1500 gone. Leaving him with 2 tournaments to go (his philosophy was he need 3 tournaments to feel comfortable so if he doesn’t win the first he would for sure win one of the 3).

Sunday comes and no word from Chad burns from Houston Texas. Nothing - All the constant text had stopped! I thought wow, he maybe actually winning! I didn’t want to bother him while he was playing so about 10pm Vegas time I sent him a text and asked him how it was going and how was the tournament. He said he did not enter the tournament because he was not feeling it! I tried to call him immediately and his phone went immediately to voice mail. He text me and said he would call me in an hour. He was at a Vegas show! I said I would call him in the morning and I did.

I asked what is going on? He said he was out of money! He said it was too expensive to eat in Vegas and it sucked up his funds like it was not a big deal! He said he only had 1600 left and he could play the last tournament, but if he lost he would not have any money to get a taxi to go to the airport! I said “well what’s the point of sitting around for the flight for 3 days and to come back”. He said “a ticket would cost 375 (already paid for round trip prior) to get on an early flight”. This shrinks the pot down to 1225. So I thought wow OK, I will get some money back. I picked him up from the airport at exactly 9:42 PM. He made small talk like nothing had every happened and never said a word about only playing 1 tournament and if he had only had more money! You see, he started with one tournament for 1000, then it was 2 and then 3. He only played 1 and pocketed the rest. When I asked for the 1225.00 back he said, O I had to give that to the Hotel. The hotel that comped you the free nights I asked? He said he had to pay more since he didn’t stay the entire week. Then changing that later to he had to pay his mother several hundred because she had to wire him money! He then said he had to pay bills prior to leaving!

At this point it was obvious I had been scammed and never got a penny back. Over 6,000 in 2 weeks.

I am currently putting together a law suit and want to hear from others that have been scammed by Chad Burns. The more we have the stronger the case. I have already contacted several of the people on You Tube. I know it is very embarrassing falling for a scam like this, worse than losing the money, however, please contact me on this form. I think he has been doing this for several years. If I can save one person from this criminal, it will make my day.

I feel sorry for his parents Mr. and Mrs. d**k Burns. They are old and do not deserve this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2013 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brad-Burns/Spring-Texas-77379/Brad-Burns-Chad-Burns-Poker-PlayerChad-Burns-Texas-Hold-Em-Chad-Burns-conned-me-out-of-6-1104155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brad Burns