Complaint Review: brainhost

• Submitted: Fri, April 13, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 20, 2012

• Reported By: Jerry — Glendale Arizona U.S.A.

brainhost Bruce Kelly will not accept cancellation, even at outset of process- continually charges credit card after cancellation & stop payments instituted. Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: sixty days later

*UPDATE Employee: From Customer Support

This is a site for an online business setup that may be a successful  functioning program if you follow through to the end and work it & with them, however the full costs & terms are not announced at the outset.

When you enter this site, whether out of interest or curiosity, there is no exit & every move you make incurs further charges. You must close the page to exit. By this time you could have run up hundreds in charges beyond the initial relatively small fee. You can call or email for cancellation and get no response or acceptance of your choice to cancel; this despite of the fact they advertise & state in the promo that cancellation & full refund available during first 30 days.

As one enters this site you are first confronted with new charges before you even see what you are getting for your monies. Of course some may be legitimate for operational fees but no mention is made beforehand or to what extent the charges may go. Sadly, there is no exit, key or button for go back, cancel, opt out or any other means of escape. all movements forward seem to incur more charges.

It is futile to email or otherwise contact the company to cancel or opt out. There is absolutely no response to these requests, queries or demands. They simply continue as if you've decided to go ahead with their program; even when they call & you may repeat over & over that you wish to cancel & still they do not remove charges. When charges are removed whether by your bank or cc co. they simply reissue them. If you cancel the card they manage to assess charges to your new card. They are, however, as vendors, able to be blocked from assessing charges against your card.
Your card company can assist you with that. (ALERT) One must make copies of send or link correspondence to the company to others as well, like your bank or cc co. to assert & validate all your emails to them.;For when sent emails as only addressee about opting out, those emails disappeared from my sent mail file. This alarmed & alerted me highly. Any company capable & willing to do that to cover their tracks or my paper trail of the events I would choose to avoid.

If they had  simply dropped it & moved on like any normally honest business who is able to accept that some may not like their product or decide against going the distance when it becomes obvious there are more expenses involved than you are first led to believe, I never would have felt the need to file this report to warn others. Someone in that company decided to turn it into vendetta against opt outs.

It may, in fact, work for you if you can afford to go the distance though some don't have the $ to do that & you fall right into the $ pit as soon as you enter and fall into dept with little recourse. This outfit acts like a predatory company as they don't make the process or the charges clear & don't want to let you opt out. One small fee & your in; Into the $ pit with no way out.

I've been working on this for nearly a month & if I find it not resolved yet, I'll contact my state attorney general consumer advocates office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/brainhost/internet/brainhost-Bruce-Kelly-will-not-accept-cancellation-even-at-outset-of-process-continual-868315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on brainhost

sixty days later

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

After filing my initial report about 'brain host' business practices, in my experience, I received numerous calls from the company attempting to entice me to stay by offering a free pass to stay & play w/custom guidance. My limited experience with them was enough to convince me to run the other way. Then I was assaulted by barrage of emails from disparate web addresses from brain host reps with various outrageous & differing message claims which I finally had to block. They continually assaulted my credit card acct. even after closing the card to open a new one; still they made their way in. The charges would vary, change & differ. but still remain. After lengthy & numerous discussions with my bank and CC co. at last, the charges were removed for the last time & the company blocked from making further entry into my acct.. It has since been about sixty days & today, 6/20/12 received confirmation from my bank that the dispute has settled in my favor & I'm not responsible for the billing. I'm dismayed that having so many complaints that clicbanc & credit card co.'s honor their business, though my cc co. called instantly to ? the charges- my 2nd red flag.
I feel it important to stress that any email correspondence with brain host must have/include alternate addressee recipients of the correspondence, IE. your bank, credit card co., etc. to lend proof and validity to your claim of over charge or extra charges & this even though they claim/promise refund anytime within 60 days- NQA.
I'm saddened though validated by all the other complaint reports I've seen & pleased that others have read my report. Brain host, in my opinion, seems & acts like a predatory & obvious scam which I regret ever having fallen into. They should not be allowed to continue in such a manner unhindered.  The word of their tactics, and others like them, should be spread far & wide to stop them in their  tracks & be accountable for preying on honest innocent folks who, simply,seek some antidote to the problems in our society & in our culture  which has produced so much greed & predatory practices.  We play in an arena of professional hucksters out of our league.

From Customer Support

AUTHOR: BrainHost - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your account. Please contact us if you need any assistance.

Brain Host Customer Support