Complaint Review: brainmass.com

• Updated: Tue, May 03, 2011

• Reported By: deborah — panama city Florida USA
brainmass.com
unknown unknown, Ontario United States of America

brainmass.com brainmass inc no goods received, scam, ripoff, homework help unknown, Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Operations Team

I did a search to get homework help on the web and brainmass.com came up. so I proceeded to the website to post a message and entered my credits but it kept asking me for more credits. finally I was able to pay for credits but still wasn't able to send a post to an OTA. so I contacted Paypal and submitted a dispute for a refund because I did not receive anything after paying brainmass.com for the service. It is pending right now. Additionally, I was not able to find any kind of contact information on the website for this company. This definitely feels like a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2011 05:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/brainmasscom/unknown-Ontario-/brainmasscom-brainmass-inc-no-goods-received-scam-ripoff-homework-help-unknown-Ontari-694820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on brainmass.com

Response from Operations Team

AUTHOR: BrainMass Customer Service - (Canada)

We are sorry to hear that Deborah had difficulty using our site.

As clarification, BrainMass tutors provide two services: Custom responses require Custom Credits, and Library downloads require Library Credits.  Custom responses are specific responses to student questions, and our Library is a database of previously created Solutions that students can download instantly.  Library Credits are cheaper than Custom Credits, but cannot be used for Custom Postings.

What we believe happened in this case was that Deborah purchased Library Credits, but tried to use our Custom service.

We did refund Deborah for her purchase, and hope she has since received help for her studies.

As always any student user with an issue is encouraged to contact us directly at help@brainmass.com.  Our team would be happy to clarify any concerns and address any customer questions.

Sincerely,