Complaint Review: Brake Masters

• Updated: Sat, October 26, 2013

• Reported By: im2gr84u2h8on — winnetka California
Brake Masters
7059 Topanga Cyn Canoga Park, California USA

Brake Masters Invited me in for a Free Oil change only to be ordered off the premises by the owner Alex for complaining to his mgr Jesse Aguilar about feeling mistreated. Canoga Park California

I called on a Friday morning to ask how long it would take to have a tail-light checked out.  Then, when I came in the afternoon they told me they were too busy to look at it and asked me to drive back in tomorrow and ask again.  So, I called a few weeks later to complain to Jesse Aguirre the Store Manager and explained that I felt I was treated unimportantly by the staff when I came in and have reason to feel I may have been discriminated against.  So, Jesse was nice and offered a free Basic Oil Change next time I come in.  So, today I went in for the oil change but Jesse wasn't there, but the Owner Alex was there.  I told him that I was offered a free oil change and he started complaining and getting upset.  Then, he verified with Jesse regarding the offer hoping to stall so he could come up with a reason to deny me the offer.  Then, after confirming with Jesse the offer was in fact TRUE, he asked me what was the complaint about and when I explained to Alex he discredited my story about feeling discriminated against and supported the guy's unproffesionalism in asking me to come back when they were too busy.  You don't tell customers to, "Come back tomorrow because we're too busy!" after you suggest them to come in on the SAME day.  The owner has serious problems and when I told him he was being rude, he took offense to it and ordered me to get out of his store!  As I was walking out he yells at me,"Learn how to talk!"  I believed I was talking just fine, just not talking the kind of language maybe he was expecting to hear, but hey-I'm not his salesman.  I'm his customer, and if I as a customer don't mean anything to him, what does that say about anyone else he shows his fake-smile at?

You can't throw a customer out of your store for feeling discriminated against.  That's some 3rd world mentality treatment towards customers that just expect to be treated fairly.  Is it too hard to treat customers with respect?  Obviously, when it's a person like me I guess.

But, if he TRULY was NOT being rude though, why else would he get so angry and offended when called out on it?  After I walked out of the store I mentioned to  his employee that the owner was really rude to me, and he just stood there and smiled at me like he was trying not to laugh.  So much for anyone caring.  It's funny until it happens to you and you feel like you're in the twilight zone.  First, I get invited to come in for a FREE oil change only to be told off by the owner for complaining about his staff out on there unproffesionalism.  What a hypocritical set up of quality control this owner Alex is running

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2013 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Masters/Canoga-Park-California-91306/Brake-Masters-Invited-me-in-for-a-Free-Oil-change-only-to-be-ordered-off-the-premises-by-1094748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Masters