Complaint Review: Brake Masters

• Reported By: Tom — Peoria Arizona
Brake Masters
17209 N. Cave Creek Rd. Phoenix, Arizona USA

Brake Masters #213 Be careful going here!! Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Update to my first report....

*Author of original report: Brake Masters, Action pending

Be careful going here!  I knew an employee there, and I was advised by another friend to go there, though it was quite a drive for me, I decided to go there....  Very nice people!  They'll charge you $60.00 for tranny oil, and another $48.00 to put it in.  Which I thought was okay, and fair...  UNTIL  I needed a master cylinder and they charged me $350.00 for it and that included installation!! (R&R) I didn't want to embarrass my friend, so I accepted.  The grand total was over $450.00!!  Though the MC was new, it wasn't OEM.  They charged me, $199.00 for that NON OEM part.  I could buy a new non OEM MC for $30.00 including tax, and a new OEM for $200.00.  I know we all need to eat, and I'm all for capitalism...  BUT, this was a definite over charge.  I must say, they took care of me right away and were VERY courteous!  But I really feel I was overcharged by at least a hundred bucks.  What's really striking, is that these guys know I'm pretty car savvy.  I could have done it myself if I were in better health.   Shop rates in Phoenix vary, but usually around $89.00 an hour is the average.  They charged me dealer rates of $123.00 an hour.  I'm all for profit, but if you know someone and he's a friend, I'm not going to rape him!!  Thank you, my friend.  SERIOUSLY??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2014 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Masters/Phoenix-Arizona-85032/Brake-Masters-213-Be-careful-going-here-Phoenix-Arizona-1170616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Masters

Update to my first report....

AUTHOR: tmv123 - ()

So, I file a complaint with the states attorney after not hearing from them for at least seven days.  When I called my friend three days later, and asked if they were going to call me back,  he said,  "Since you contacted the states attorney, they're not going to call you back."  That is the OLDEST line in the history of pro ripoffs like this company!!  "Oh, I'm not going to call you now because YOU told on me!!"  That goes to show you how guilty a business like these clowns operate!!  WARNING:  NEVER PAY $350.00 for a Master Cylinder installed...  That price exceeds dealr prices in most cases, and of course it depends on the car.  I have a Toyota Avalon.

Be careful when you get your car repaired, do your homework, and get a few estimates BEFORE committing.  My problem was, I trusted my friend...  that's why I went there!  Again, when I heard the price, I didn't want to embarras my friend...  and I'd do the same thing again because he was my friend, I think.  He may be superficial, too.  A lot of those kind here, too!!  SAD!!  :(  BE CAREFUL, and THINK!!

Brake Masters, Action pending

AUTHOR: tmv123 - ()

I have informed my friend that I felt I was over charged.  He is trying to get this resolved, and he did inform the owner.  I know it wasn't my friends fault for the charges, but usually, when you drive additional miles, you would expect to pay standard shop rates.  There are three Brake Masters in my area.  But I chose my friends shop because I was advised to go there by mutual friends.  I want to be honest an fair, and feel this shop is honest.  But I didn't drive all that way just to go to that shop, I went there because I knew somebody.  May I ask?  What does knowing someone imply?  I will follow up on this report as it becomes available to me.