Complaint Review: Brake Masters

• Updated: Sat, June 08, 2013

• Reported By: Stacey — Tucson Arizona
Brake Masters
Address: 260 W. Ina Rd. Tucson, Arizona USA

Brake Masters Price gouging. Unauthorized work. Reporting this are wrong that are not! Tucson Arizona

I took my car to Brakemasters requesting new breaks an oil change and a possible front-end alignment. I dropped the car off and went to work. I received a phone call from Joe and he informed my that I needed new brakes, new rotors, new drums, new pads, new tires, new belts, new shocks and that my water pump was leaking. He stated that my coolant light was on and flashing indicating low coolant. He gave me a price and seemed to try to verbally force me into the repairs. He did say, he would through in a free oil change with all the repairs. I remember during our call that he was constantly clearing his throat. Let's just say I am a southern girl and I know when someone is pulling my leg.

I told him that I was shocked with his report and that I wanted to speak with my husband before any repairs. Needless to say, I wasn't able to speak with my husband. I decided that I would deal with Joe on my lunch break. About an hour passed and Joe was calling me again. I told Joe that I did not want any of the repairs done. He asked if I still at least wanted the oil change? I told him do not to touch my car. On my lunch break I went to pick my car up to find that Joe was giving me a discount on an oil change that his company had already provided. I told him it was going to be free, as I did not authorize this oil change. I grabbed my car keys and left.

The following morning my husband and I discussed the issues and decided to get a second opinion. Mostly because the issue's Joe stated my car had couldn't have existed. You see I do not have a coolant light on my car so the flashing of a coolant light could not have happened. Not only that, but we are very faithful with car repairs since we live in Arizona. My husband convinced me to take my car to Midas on Ina road. I did not tell them about the disaster from the prior day. I wanted to see what they told me after they inspected my car. Midas preformed a 22 points inspection just as Brakemasters stated that they did. Midas informed me the only thing my car needed was the front rotors resurfaced and the back pads and drums replaced. I then decided to show them the typed report that Brakemasters provided me with.

Let's just say we all say around and had a good laugh about the level of stupidity I experienced the prior day. They also walked me around my car and pointed out each issue Brakemaster's stated that I had and showed me that they were lying and that those issues did not exist. Shame on you Brakemasters! Most of us work very hard for our money and when we need help you lie to us to cushion your pocket with our hard earned money. I am so glad that I did not allow your company to take advantage of me. What makes you think that you are entitled to lie to us and cheat us out of the money that we earn honestly by busting our a*s working legitimate jobs? How dare you. You lie, you cheat and you steal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2013 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Masters/Tucson-Arizona-85704/Brake-Masters-Price-gouging-Unauthorized-work-Reporting-this-are-wrong-that-are-not-T-1057616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Masters