Complaint Review: Brakeway

• Updated: Sun, August 25, 2013

• Reported By: JonMorgan0101 — Louisville Kentucky
2210 Hikes Ln Louisville, Kentucky USA

Brakeway Almost killed me and my son & lied to me Louisville Kentucky

I brought my Honda over to the Hikes Lane location and they replaces a brake line and caliper. I noticed right after I left brake way that the car started smelling like fuel and by the time I got it to Pep Boys, gasoline was pouring out of the bottom of my car.  I took my car to Pep Boys to have the Hub Bearing replaced and they noticed that when the fuel tank was dropped to replace the brake line, it punctured the fuel line.

They also told me that I needed new brakes on the front and rear of my car and I was told at two other places that my brakes were fine.   I'm extremely lucky that the car didn't catch on fire while I was driving around with my son in the car. This issue might cost me more then the car is worth and it obviously extremely dangerous.

I tried to contact Brakeway through their website and by phone and haven't received a reply from anyone.  This company cost me my only vehicle and could of killed my son and myself.  People make mistakes but they could at least told me what happend instead of letting me drive away in a death machine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2013 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brakeway/Louisville-Kentucky-40299/Brakeway-Almost-killed-me-and-my-son-lied-to-me-Louisville-Kentucky-1078943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brakeway