Complaint Review: breadtopia.com

breadtopia.com , breadtopia.com Deceptive Product Reviews , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Super Peel is a good product

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Should Shed Some Light

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Erroneous Complaint

I've been doing business for a while with this firm. They always seemed honest, but I recently decided to review some of the products I had purchased from them. I submitted 3 reviews, one glowing, one recommend, one unfavorable (2 of 5 stars). The favorable reviews were immediately published, the unfavorable was not.

I sent email to Eric who responded that a friend of his manufactured the defective "Super-Peel" product, and that he was going to protect this friend from a unfavorable review. Appears crony capitalism has come to Iowa.

Clearly the reviews on the breadtopia are dishonest; they are simple sales pitches. No where does it say that we delete any review that might impact our profits.

Customers buying stuff from these people are going to be tricked into buying defect products.

I went to the trouble to double check my conclusion that a "Super-Peel" is a defective design, and ended up breaking some expensive ceramic bakeware. I sent the pictures to Eric, but he couldn't be bothered to respond, or maybe he just could handle getting caught.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2011 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/breadtopiacom/internet/breadtopiacom-breadtopiacom-Deceptive-Product-Reviews-Internet-730337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on breadtopia.com

Super Peel is a good product

AUTHOR: Doug - (United States of America)

My experience with Breadtopia has been positive. I have had my Super Peel for about 8 months and find it a great tool for moving bread and pizza into the oven. I use a regular peel (plain wood) to remove items from the oven. I also use the Super peel to pick up pie crust for easy placement.

It is so simple that I wish I had thought of the design. I suspect that the unhappy owner of the peel is using it incorrectly: its primary use is to move uncooked bakery items. The Idea is to put the cloth slightly under the bread or pizza, while holding the cloth from moving, you push the peel under the item. To deposit the item onto your hot baking stone in the oven, you hold the cloth still and pull out the peel. It is a really remarkable product. Look at a few videos.

I like my Super Peel so much that I am going to buy another one with the extending attachment so I can move bigger pizzas.

Maybe the unhappy owner could sell it on ebay or Craigslist. Maybe I'll buy it and buy the extension kit separately.
Did you ask for you money back- I bet you could get it if you asked.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Should Shed Some Light

AUTHOR: Breadtopia - (USA)

Regarding JJ's complaint about the Super Peel, I am copying below a verbatim email from JJ following his initial complaint. He didn't follow the simple assembly instructions and so wasn't using it anywhere near how it's intended to be used and how it's demoed in videos on my web site. He was using it as a normal peel. It's NOT a normal peel. It's absolutely astonishing that anyone could get it so wrong, admit to getting it wrong, and then file a complaint on this site. He wonders why I didn't post his review? JJ, you have to at least get most of your information right. Double Wow!

"Arrgh!
So you got me to thinking, maybe I was too hard on the super peel.
I've been using it as a normal peel.
I dug out the super peel, found the cloth, clasps etc.
I oiled the board.
I assembled it.
The drag still seemed so high that it was useless.
But I decided to make a real life test using the bottom of the Le cloche I -WAS- going to use to bake with.
I had to pull really hard to move it, hence the "2"
And then it jerked forward and now I got this.
I'm not saying the super peel is a failure, but it's pretty obvious its not a good product."
-jj

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Erroneous Complaint

AUTHOR: Breadtopia - (USA)

To anyone reading this complaint, please do your own research on the Super Peel and see if you can find anything about the product being "defective". There is, in fact, an abundance of glowing feedback. There is nothing defective about the Super Peel. It's an extremely popular product that does exactly what it's advertized to do.

And what's the part at the end of this anonymous complaint about breaking some expensive bake ware while checking the conclusion about the Super Peel. Pictures were sent to me? And what about me not being able to "handle getting caught". Didn't get any pics and getting caught at what??? Wow.

Eric Rusch