• Report: #203042

• Submitted: Wed, July 26, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, July 26, 2006

• Reported By:Lincolnton North Carolina
bricklink.com Internet U.S.A.

bricklink.com - bricklink ripoff allows ID theft and won't close store to save customers from loosing thousands!! Internet

I was a customer of bricklink.com recently my mother received a phone call from a very upset buyer stating they didn't receive their legos. She called me ASAP. I went online to access my account to see what was going on, my password wouldn't work. I checked out my store WHOA!!!! There were lots of hard to find sets that were flying off the shelves.

I immediately contact the bricklink admin to tell them what was going on and to request that the account/store be closed, frozen, etc to prevent more people from loosing money. No response to emails. Now since people have lost money they are posting info about me personally since I was the one who registered the account. I have had false reports filed against, harrassing emails, phone calls, and the like. They have posted pictures of my home, deeds, birth certificate, etc on their site to help people track me down even though I am not the one who sold the store nor do I own the PO Box where they mailed their money.

Bricklink finally responded to one email stating they would not remove the personal info because they were interested in how it would play out. I guess it is great fun for them. I have police reports filed in 5 cities regarding the ID theft which I can happily provide but still they allow the slander and harrassment to continue.

Lincolnton, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2006 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bricklinkcom/internet/bricklinkcom-bricklink-ripoff-allows-ID-theft-and-wont-close-store-to-save-customers-f-203042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bricklink.com