- Report: #1056721
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Brighton TV and Video Services
Brighton TV and Video Services8020 Grand River Rd Brighton, Michigan USA
Brighton TV and Video Services Worst Customer Service Ever Brighton Michigan
I shipped my receiver to Brighton TV (BTV) for repair in January 2012 and after 5 months of delay, delay, delay I received my receiver back from Brighton TV in a worse state then when they got it. It was, in fact, damaged in several places and my original request of video repair went unheeded as the video in the unit still did not function. They rarely answer their phone. I've emailed 5 times without reply. I sent my receiver here for repair because my warranty company directed me to them. AVOID AVOID AVOID THIS COMPANY!! I CAN'T SAY THIS ENOUGH! Below is just a summary of some of what I went through with Brighton TV in 2012.
UPDATE 3/29 - I received a call from BTV finally. It was a techn named John who angrily indicated he had saw my Yelp review & demanded I remove it. I told him I would do no such thing. After much discussion he said they had my unit repaired & it would be sent via UPS. [continued below]....
UPDATE 4/5 - Unit is still not on its way per UPS. I called BTV & was told that UPS "hadn't come out for pickup". I called again & they indicated UPS had said it would be a special pickup since the package was too heavy?? & it would be an additional $10. Still wondering if this will ever ship..
UPDATE 4/10 - I finally got my receiver on Friday after waiting nearly 5 months!!!!! It was shipped w/out any protective plastic/bubble wrap in a box with peanuts. Peanuts shouldn't be used w/electronics as they can get inside the unit. Upon taking the unit out of the package I noticed it had been dropped on it's right side. Despite my reservations I connected it up...IT DOESN'T WORK! I still get no video!!!!!!!!!!!
So I waited months for NOTHING. Very unhappy, I decided to give BTV one last chance to do right & at LEAST refund my shipping of $47. I called & spoke with John, the guy who had yelled at me before about my review. I asked nicely for a refund of $47 since they had not repaired my unit. John was very angry. He utterly refused to work with me, in fact he indicated he would PURSUE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST ME for any internet reviews I might post about my experience.
I immediately filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau after hanging up. I have also initiated a formal complaint with my warranty company to have BTV permanently removed from the list of repair centers. So just to recap:
1. They will keep your product for months.
2. They answer their phone less than half the time.
3. They won't ever return a single voice mail that you leave.
4. They won't ever answer a single email that you write them.
5. They will give you various status on your product depending upon who you speak with.
6. They hung up on me (once when I tried to get my warranty company them on the line.)
7. They called me & directly demanded I remove/edit my review of their company.
8. They threatened legal action against me if I updated my review further.
"SERVICE" OF YOUR PRODUCT:
1. They do not do diagnostics on your unit to ensure it works completely before shipping it back to you.
2. They will just throw your expensive electronic equipment into a box with peanuts, not wrapping in plastic or bubble wrap to protect from water/moisture/drops.
My advice to you is to once again STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. If you have the misfortune of them working on your product & you wish to post a review here then don't use any sort of semblance to your real name if you don't want someone from BTV to call you, yell at you & threaten legal action. & just so we're clear here, if I was the one who paid for this "repair" I would most definitely be filing a legal claim on them but since it was my warranty company I have no such recourse. I'd suggest anyone who has dealt with this company in an unsatisfactory manner to file against them in small claims court. It only costs about $50 I believe & BTV should be held responsible for their failures.
I'M 42 YEARS OLD, I HAVE DEALT WITH HUNDREDS OF COMPANIES IN MY DAY & THIS IS THE **WORST** COMPANY IN REGARDS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE & SHEER INCOMPETENCE I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO WORK WITH!
Here is what to do if you've had the unfortunate experience of working with this company and being ripped off or treated poorly:
1. If you only do one thing this should be it...Report them to the Michigan Attorney General. This is free, quick and easy. If they get enough of these then this business can be closed down. Here is the link: http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331-42077--,00.html
2. Report them to the Better Business Bureau. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0332&bid=12004646
3. If you're going through your warranty company please call them and ask them to be removed from the list of approved service centers.
4. Be sure to post your reviews of them on Yelp, Citysearch and Brighton Patch.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brighton-TV-and-Video-Services/Brighton-Michigan-48116/Brighton-TV-and-Video-Services-Worst-Customer-Service-Ever-Brighton-Michigan-1056721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)