Complaint Review: British Airways

• Submitted: Mon, December 12, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, December 12, 2011

• Reported By: complainer — Blaine Washington USA
British Airways
Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Select State/Province United States of America

British Airways overcharged on e-ticket Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Other

I purchased a British Airways E-ticket  and received a receipt for $X dollars through email. However when my bank statement arrived later I noticed the charge was almost $25 higher.

I filed a complaint through  my bank, but it was declined because "the difference in the amount pre authorized and the amount finalized is a Visa International transaction fee assessed on all international transactions run through the Visa network."

I travel overseas frequently and have used European airlines before which I paid for through my Visa, but have never been charged an international transaction fee before. I feel British Airways deceived me when they sent me a receipt for a dollar amount without letting me I would be charged an additional  fee later.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2011 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/British-Airways/Harmondsworth-West-Drayton-Select-StateProvince-/British-Airways-overcharged-on-e-ticket-Harmondsworth-West-Drayton-Other-808341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on British Airways