Complaint Review: British Airways

• Reported By:Burlington Ontario
British Airways
London, United Kingdom

British Airways left my wife & I stranded in Venice London United Kingdom

On a recent trip I had booked a flight from london UK, to Venice Italy. Due to late arrival of trans atlantic flight we missed the flight. I contacted British Airways on arrival in the UK, they could not help as all other flights fully booked. I was informed that the return part of the ticket would honoured, from Venice Italy to London England . No refund available as the late flight was not B.A.

We arrived at the Venice airport in plenty of time to get the return flight, only to be told by B.A. representative that they had no record of any reservation by us. I had all the documentation, Confirmation etc. including ticket numbers, booking reference number etc. No good, had to stay overnight, and purchase another ticket, on another airline to return to the UK for flight back home
Contacted BA on arrival home, first two e-mails ignored, third one did get response to tell me that it would take a while to investigate my problem.

This happened in September, it is now almost December, and I am still waiting for some sort of explanation.

John
Burlington, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2007 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/British-Airways/London-/British-Airways-left-my-wife-I-stranded-in-Venice-London-United-Kingdom-287824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on British Airways