Complaint Review: British Gaming Commission

• Updated: Fri, September 15, 2006

• Reported By:Tupelo Mississippi
British Gaming Commission
2016 W. Broadway Suite 111, Quebec, Quebec Canada

British Gaming Commission ripoff, won money, send money gram, cash check sent Quebec Canada

i received a letter, along with a check in the mail on August 31st. The check was for 2894.65.

I was told to call a number, and the check would be activated, I was to cash the check and then go and get a money gram for 2740 plus 154.75, which was the entire check, and send it to Peggy Cox at 2016 w. broadway suite 111, in Quebec Canada.

After I got a confirmation number, I was to call back with the code K8J, and after fees, I would be sent a check for 80,199 dollars, either electronically or someone would deliver it to me at my residence.

No one in this town will cash a check like that without an account, so I deposited the check into my account, I waited until Sept 5th to add it to my balance, after the bank had cleared it.

I decided to use the check like it was instead of cashing it, because something just wasn't smelling right. Needless to say I purchased some items for my new home, I had just bought.

On Sept. 8th, I called the 800 number for my bank and got a balance of -1600 dollars, the deposited check had been returned.

Now I am in the hole, with no money my paycheck goes to the bank to pay them for their fees, I am my only source of income and will not receive any money for about 6 weeks, I am raising my grandson, and to say this is a hardship is putting it mildly, I have no good credit and cannot borrow money to make up the difference, and I should not have to anyway.

I was told by them that they were trying to get into the United States, and because I played internet games, that my name was drawn to receive this money, I have put info on the net to purchase items before, and I guess they stole my identity.

I learned one lesson from all of this nothing on the internet is free, and you cannot trust anyone or anything on the net.

Amanda
Tupelo, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2006 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/British-Gaming-Commission/Quebec-Quebec-H6R4T9/British-Gaming-Commission-ripoff-won-money-send-money-gram-cash-check-sent-Quebec-Canad-211180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on British Gaming Commission