Complaint Review: Brooks Motor Company

• Updated: Tue, March 25, 2014

• Reported By: samantha — portland Oregon
Brooks Motor Company
22024 S Beaver creek rd. Beavercreek, Oregon USA

Brooks Motor Company BROOKS Charged for a part they didn't really change Beavercreek Oregon

*Author of original report: why are you screaming Gary

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 6 DOLLAR OIL CAP

*Author of original report: Update

I took my car to Brooks Motor Company service center for the 50/50 (I bought my car from them in 2008) deal on repairs because I had an oil leak.

Took my car in on a Wednesday morning and didn't get it back till Tuesday (today) of next week. Everything seemed ok until my husband got home and looked at the bill then looked at the car.

They say in the bill that they changed my Oil FILLER cap, 1) there is never a reason to replace that 2) they DIDN'T actually replace it.

I called the owner Gary and he even stated that they would never replace it and he doesnt know why they would but,  in that same conversation he also stated that they may have just put that down and it was something else.  Thats not right either, I should know exactly what it is they are replacing.

Gary called me back and proceeded to tell my husband that we may be reading it wrong and that it says oil filter. [continued below]....

..... it doesn't.

I really dont like being treated like I'm a stupid female who doesn't know anything about cars. but that seems to be a common theme with the male tech's and owner at Brooks.

It may not have been an expensive part ($6) but it's the fact that they charged me for somthing they didn't do, which is fraud.  So, how can i know and trust that they did everything else that they said they did!?

I was going to take my van (that I also bought from them) in to fix its oil leak but I won't be now. I would advise you to go somewhere else, especially if your a woman.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brooks-Motor-Company/Beavercreek-Oregon-97004/Brooks-Motor-Company-BROOKS-Charged-for-a-part-they-didnt-really-change-Beavercreek-Oreg-1133656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brooks Motor Company

why are you screaming Gary

AUTHOR: samantha - ()

Gary,

Why are you screaming in your report??? All caps means you're screaming!

And if you would have read my update you would have seen where I said I got a refund and an apology ( a real one) from Eric the shop manager.

I will repeat myself when I say Eric the shop mamager is more professional then the owner Gary Brooks. This is clearly evident in his screaming rebuttal and lack of reading updated statement.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

6 DOLLAR OIL CAP

AUTHOR: gary brooks - ()

WE ARE TRULY SORRY ABOUT THIS VERY SIMPLE MISTAKE.  WE HAVE OFFERED THIS CUSTOMER A FULL REFUND OF THE PART.  WE ACCIDENTALLY CHARGED A 6 DOLLAR OIL CAP TO THIS CUSTOMERS BILL.  THIS WAS NOT DONE ON PURPOSE.  WE HAVE LITERALLY APOLOGIZED 8 TIMES FOR THIS MISTAKE AND EACH TIME HAVE OFFERED A REFUND.   THANK YOU

Update

AUTHOR: samantha - ()

Eric, the service manager was very nice and apologised for that and will refund my money today.

Im satisfied with this result!  Thank you Eric you are much more professional then the Owner Gary!