Complaint Review: Brookside Pup & Stuff

• Submitted: Thu, October 09, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 12, 2010

• Reported By:Scranton Pennsylvania
Brookside Pup & Stuff
3435 Rt. 93 Hazleton, Wilkes Barre, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Brookside Pup & Stuff Sells sick puppies from puppy mills! Hazleton, Wilkes Barre & Bloomsburg Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Of course they are puppy mill puppies

*Author of original report: The owners have been known to post "rebuttals" of their own

*Consumer Comment: BROOKSIDE PUPS & STUFF gets an A+ from Me

*Consumer Comment: BROOKSIDE PUPS & STUFF gets an A+ from Me

*Consumer Suggestion: Brookside Pups N Stuff

This place sells puppies from puppy mills. I found this out after purchasing a puppy there and asked where she was from - they lied and said a breeder in PA. When I got her home and looked at the papers, they said "Freeman Raber" from OHIO was the breeder. Upon checking into this "breeder" I discovered that he was cited from the USDA for VIOLATIONS. My puppy has been sick for TWO MONTHS and it has cost me many sleepless nights and much expense. I called them right after I found out she was sick and told them so they wouldn't infect the other dogs because they had more from the same litter. I called again, and they said the timeframe had lapsed - even though I let them KNOW she was sick - I didn't file the papers in a timely manner. I explained that I have been taking care of this pup every day, cleaning messes, etc because of her parasites and urinary tract infections, going to work, running to the vets, etc and they could care less. I also posted on another site - asking others to come forward and so far, I have gotten 10 emails from others that got SICK PUPPIES from Brookside - STEER CLEAR!

Karen
Scranton, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2008 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brookside-Pup-Stuff/Hazleton-Wilkes-Barre-Bloomsburg-Pennsylvania-18202/Brookside-Pup-Stuff-Sells-sick-puppies-from-puppy-mills-Hazleton-Wilkes-Barre-Blooms-379632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brookside Pup & Stuff

Of course they are puppy mill puppies

AUTHOR: Erik - (U.S.A.)

Pet stores ONLY sell puppy mill puppies.  Their health will always be questionable.  The only thing that is certain is that you are helping to keep a cruel and inhumane puppy mill in business.  Don't give your business to Brookside or any other pet store that sells dogs or cats.

The owners have been known to post "rebuttals" of their own

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

Sure, they must sell SOME healthy puppies!  Just check around though - and there are MANY people who have complaints against Brookside.  Vets offices have complained, other consumers have complained.  So, for every ying there's a yang.  I have heard from enough people that convince me that  Brookside is NOT a place I'd ever consider buying from!

BROOKSIDE PUPS & STUFF gets an A+ from Me

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (United States of America)

I have only been in Pennsylvania for 5 months but I have adopted 2 puppies from Brookside...I have NO COMPLAINTS WHATSOEVER...Both dogs I adopted are very Happy, Healthy, Loving Dogs...I adopted a Sheltie Mix, a Pomeranian, A Turtle, and even a few Goldfish...My animals are all doing very well...NONE OF MY ADOPTED PETS FROM BROOKSIDE show signs of being sick, agressive, or any other problems...I was actually in BROOKSIDE today 2/9/2010 looking to adopt another dog  from him...I found 2....I find the owner of the store to be very kind and courteous...In fact...He is also very good w the animals...He cleans the dog pens, bird cages, etc. often and is very knowledgeable on the animals i.e. dog breeds ...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BROOKSIDE PUPS & STUFF TO ANYONE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW FAMILY MEMBER....He has everything from dogs to parakeets to turtles, fish, hermit crabs, and more...Go ahead and argue back w me BUT it simply sounds to me like some irresponsible dog owners looking to point fingers!

BROOKSIDE PUPS & STUFF gets an A+ from Me

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (United States of America)

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Brookside Pups N Stuff

AUTHOR: Itsmyan76 - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a puppy from Brookside Pups N Stuff about 1 1/2 years ago. My puppy was completely healthy. Even though the puppy appeared completely healthy, I still took him to the vet to be check within 7 days of purchasing him. My mother also purchased a COMPLETELY healthy puppy from Brookside about 2 1/2 years ago. I am currently waiting for another puppy, who will arrive this Tuesday, and am completely confident that the puppy will also be healthy. I know quite a few others who have purchased puppies from Brookside and not a single person had any problems with the health of their puppies. I, too, along with my mother, verified the breeders and everything checked out 100% - completely private breeders - no puppy mills! As a matter of fact, the puppy that I am getting on Tuesday is the sibling of my dog now. It would be kind of difficult to purchase a dog from the same mother and father from a puppy mill. Puppies do get sick, just like babies. It is very important that they are taken to the vet within a few days of bringing them home. Diet is also a big factor and keeping a close eye on your new puppy so that he or she does not eat random objects, causing he/she to become ill. If there was, in fact, some sort of infection, disease or other illness and you took your new puppy to the vet within the first seven days, the vet would have picked up on it right away. Vets are pretty familiar with the common "puppy mill" diseases. If you had done that and had your puppy diagnosed, you would have had absolutely no problem returning your puppy to the store. Clearly, if it was past the appropriate time period to return the puppy, then it is safe to assume that you did not do the initial well visit.

Brookside Pups N Stuff has been there for me throughout the entire 1 1/2 years that I've had my dog. Anytime I ask for advice, they are extremely knowledgeable and are even leading me through the process of introducing the new puppy to my home and to my other dog. They have been nothing less than wonderful and I couldn't ask for more in a pet store.