Complaint Review: Brother International

• Reported By: Ken — Brooklyn New York
Brother International
100 Somerset Corporate Blvd Bridgewater , New Jersey USA

Brother International Failure to honor warranty Bridgewater New Jersey

I purchased a brother all in one printer in November 2012.  The model number was MFC-8910dw.  According to the warranty for this model number, I am entitled to one year of on site service.  The plastic pieces of the paper tray fell off and I called brother to see if they could replace the plastic pieces or give me a new tray.  The representaitve told me that I had to bring the entire machine into a brother serivce center.  I informed the representative that I was entitled to one year of onsite service.  His response was buy another tray or take the machine into a repair center.  If you read any website that sells this printer, it states that it has a one year limited on site service warranty.  When my printer stopped working because of a manufacturing defect, I expected Brother to honor its warranty and was shocked and disgusted that I was told to either lug this printer to a service center or buy a new paper tray, which exceeds $200.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2013 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brother-International/Bridgewater-New-Jersey-08807-0911/Brother-International-Failure-to-honor-warranty-Bridgewater-New-Jersey-1049695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brother International