Complaint Review: Brown Hand Center

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: Lewin Newsome — League City Texas
Brown Hand Center
3726 Dacoma St Houston, Texas United States of America

Brown Hand Center North Houston Hand Center The doctor performed three surgeries on my lower right arm and right hand. Two were to relocate the two nerves leading from my right elbow downward to my right hand and the other was carpal tunnel Houston, Texas

I returned to the clinic post surgery as directed by my doctor for routine examinations and to have the sutures removed from the incisions and reported to the doctor at some time thereafter that I was still experiencing pain from the carpal tunnel which he at some point perscribed steriods to eleviate this pain. It became apparent to me that I was going to be returning only to pay for further exams that to me were nonproductive toward oleaviating my pain in my hand. To date I still have a high level of pain on a continuous basis and at times there are stabing sharp pains which awaken me during the night. The price tag associated with these surgeries/followups, etc. were to me exterme to say the least which I related to my doctor. Brown's administrative department billed my insurance company which I later discovered from them that they submitted as part of they're claim that one of the surgeries they had performed was not necessary; therefore my insurance company elected nonpayment understandably. I had a communication with their attorney relating all this information and I was told that their billing department was having some issues and they would get back with me regarding this situation. Brown resubmitted the claim again as an unneccessary surgery and again payment was denied. My insurance compamy related to me that they would gadly have paid the claim had it been properly submitted. They're attorney reccommended that I schedule an appointment with yhe doctor there for an evaluation and followup. Why on earth would I allow the very individual who created my problem administer to me any further? They are still billing me and I still have the pain in my hand and I cringe when there is any pressure placed against the ball of my hand, i.e. a hand shake, gripping things or pushing anything. My last question is why in the name of good medical ppractice would any physician perform a surgery that  was not necessary and why shouldn't I bring leagal action against him/the clinic? Do I have a case here?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brown-Hand-Center/Houston-Texas-77092/Brown-Hand-Center-North-Houston-Hand-Center-The-doctor-performed-three-surgeries-on-my-lo-1044132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brown Hand Center