Complaint Review: Brownstone Detective Agency

Waco, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 254-7571298
  • Web:
  • Category: Police

Brownstone Detective Agency I hired her to do an investigative report about my son's suspicious death in McGregor. Waco Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Brownstone Detective Agency

*Consumer Comment: Cold Case..

*Consumer Comment: IF YOU HAVE A SERIOUS COMPLAINT AGAINST A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR LICENSED IN TEXAS...

In April, 2008, I hired Nola Hites-Brown to do investigative report about my son's suspicious death that took place in Amsler Park/McGregor, Tx on February 16, 2006. McGregor PD did no investigation.

She was constantly asking questions, about what I had discovered. Unknowingly, I sent her the information that I had worked very hard to get. She, in turn, wrote up my submitted information into 'report form' and sent it back to me, using her license #. I already had this information!

She did include that my son, Joshua, was eating @ Burger King/McGregor, at about 11PM (see evidence). But when I confronted her on this issue, she didn't have 'evidence' to give me/show me. I told her that this fact is vital to the investigation, to know whether Josh was actually @ Burger King, associating with other folks.............NO answer!

I've haggled with her, I've told her I am NOT happy with her work, and all she can say is that 'I'm frustrated and angry, because things aren't moving fast enough...........
I told her I wanted my money back! NO response.

Cynthia
Temple, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2009 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brownstone-Detective-Agency/Waco-Texas-76710/Brownstone-Detective-Agency-I-hired-her-to-do-an-investigative-report-about-my-sons-suspi-423776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brownstone Detective Agency

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Brownstone Detective Agency

AUTHOR: curious57 - ()

Cold Case.....

Would you like to review the investigative report that I recd from Ms. Nola Brown/Brownstone Detective Agency?

The information I GAVE HER is printed up as a report and sent to me.

McGregor PD did not investigate. Almost 8 years later, I believe McGregor PD murdered my son, but I can't get answers from them.

Cold Case..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Loosing your son/daughter is not something anyone should have to go through. Loosing them in a "suspicious" way, does not make this any better. I doubt the police didn't do any investigation. They probably did as much as they could. They have only a limited amount of time and leads. If the leads dry up they will usually have to move on. You did not hire this Investigator for over 2 years after your son's death. Not sure what you thought she could dig up after this time.

"Unknowingly, I sent her the information that I had worked very hard to get."
- What did you want her to do, start from square one with no information?

"My son has been dead for 3 years, as of February 16. How long does a private investigator take??????????????"
- Very good question. You hired her in April 2008, 26 months after your Son's death, she has been "on" the case for not even a year. Does it take 10 months, 1 year, 5 years? There are "suspicious" deaths that go decades unsolved, some are never solved.

I know this is not what you want to hear, and hopefully you do find your answers. But it may not be because of a lack of effort by this Investigator. I say this because if you think going to another Investigator would do any better, you may be back in this same position after they have had the case for a period of time. However, if you still think there is a problem then follow the above suggestion and submit a complaint.

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

THE FOLLOWING COMES DIRECTLY FROM THE TEXAS BUREAU OF PRIVATE SECURITY WEBSITE.

THE BUREAU IS PART OF THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY LOCATED IN AUSTIN,TEXAS.

Private Security Bureau Consumer Information/Complaints

Process for Filing Complaints Against Companies or Individuals

In the event that you become aware of a potential criminal or administrative violation of Chapter 1702, Occupations Code by a licensed or unlicensed company or individual in the private security industry, you may submit a written complaint to the Private Security Bureau. You may submit your complaint in any of the following ways:

* Mail: PO Box 4087, Austin, TX 78773
* Telephone: (512) 424-7710
* Facsimile: (512) 424-7729
* Email: Private_Security_Bureau@txdps.state.tx.us
* For complaints in:
o Dallas Metro area email PSB_DallasComplaint@txdps.state.tx.us
o Houston Metro area email PSB_HoustonComplaint@txdps.state.tx.us
o San Antonio area email Private_Security_Bureau@txdps.state.tx.us

Please include as much information as possible about the company or individual against whom you are complaining, including name, location, license or registration number if applicable, and a detailed account of the alleged violation. Include your own contact information in your correspondence so that we may contact you if we need additional information. You may use form PSB-22 (PDF) for this purpose. When the Private Security Bureau receives your complaint, it will be forwarded to one of our commissioned field investigators for investigation. The assigned investigator may contact you during the course of the investigation. Please be aware that we will not be able to provide you information regarding a pending investigation.