Complaint Review: Bruce Larrick, DDS

• Submitted: Mon, March 15, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, September 10, 2006

• Reported By:Gainesville Florida
Bruce Larrick, DDS
831A 13th Street Gainesville, Florida U.S.A.

Bruce Larrick, DDS ripoff totally incompetent and unethical dentist, unprofessional, dishonest, disorganized, unclean Gainesville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Bruce Larrick--Best Dentist in Gainesville

*Consumer Comment: Report bad dentists to Board of Professional Regulation

I went to appointment for a dental filling on a near-front tooth that had a veneer surface. Dr. Larrick assured me he could fill tooth without damaging the veneer. He quoted me a fee prior to beginning for this procedure. I agreed.

During the procedure and due to his roughness, he stated he destroyed the tooth and now tooth needed to be totally reconstructed. He never mentioned any additional fee required. He attempted to repair tooth and sent me out the door with a tooth 1/2 size it should be with a BROWN surface! In addition, he charged me for a new veneer!

I filed an appropriate complaint with my dental insurance who contacted Dr. Larrick. In turn, Dr. Larrick responded and erroneously stated the facts of the situation for which I have evidence and witnesses.

Not only was Dr. Larrick incompetent in damaging a perfectly good tooth that subsequently required an additional $700 repair by another dentist, he was totally unprofessional, confrontational, defensive, unclean, and completely disorganized.

I wouldn't take my pet to have its teeth cleaned by Dr. Larrick, much less ever step a foot into his office again.

Gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2004 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bruce-Larrick-DDS/Gainesville-Florida-32601/Bruce-Larrick-DDS-ripoff-totally-incompetent-and-unethical-dentist-unprofessional-disho-83954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bruce Larrick, DDS

Bruce Larrick--Best Dentist in Gainesville

AUTHOR: Allison - (U.S.A.)

I find it difficult to believe these two stories regarding Dr. Larrick. He is more than competent.

I have been seeing Dr. Larrick for two years now (and many more, I hope), and I have seen no evidence of these allegations against him.

Sure, he's unconventional. I have no problem with that.

If you want to pay a higher price for more invasive dentistry, please feel free to book yourself into a clinic west of 34th Street. They'll be happy to misdiagnose you and charge you so they can pay for the square footage they're renting.

Report bad dentists to Board of Professional Regulation

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

After reading two rather severe complaints on this website regarding Dr. Bruce Larrick in Gainesville, FL, I would like to ask the victims why these problems were not reported to (1) Florida's Board of Professional Regulation, which oversees state licensure of healthcare professionals, and (2) the Florida division of the American Dental Association.

I am repeatedly outraged that such acts of malfeasance are not reported to the agencies and organizations responsible for regulation, accreditation, and board certification. If, in fact, such reports were made to either entity and there was no follow-up investigation, I would like to be informed.

Please feel free to give my email address to the consumers who were affected by the alleged poor treatment of Dr. Larrick (or any other medical professional in Alachua County, Florida).

FYI, here is the website of Florida's Dept of Business and Professional Regulation: