Complaint Review: Brumos Mercedes Atlantic Blvd. Jacksonville, FL.

• Submitted: Mon, April 14, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: Female Jax FL — Jacksonville Florida
Brumos Mercedes Atlantic Blvd. Jacksonville, FL.
10231 Atlantic Blvd. Jacksonville, Florida USA

Brumos Mercedes Atlantic Blvd. Jacksonville, FL. Deceptive, Very inconsiderate, Not accommodating, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! Jacsonville Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Resolving Concerns

*General Comment: expectations....

In the beginning on February 2014 my husband and I decided to start looking for a new car to purchase. We decided to go through a previous lender for financing. Everything worked out well with the lender, so they sent a blank check to purchase a car. After looking at several dealerships we decided to go with Brumos Mercedes on Atlantic Blvd. in Jacksonville FL.  As we went in to negotiate the price on the car, the finance manager had suggested that we try financing through Mercedes to try and get a lower rate. I was somewhat skeptical, but my husband agreed. We were told that we could definitely get a better rate no problem.  We finalized the deal the following day and left with the car. A few weeks later my husband decided to put my car up for sale, since the car was paid off we could use the extra cash for our wedding expenses.  I agreed.

A few MONTHS later, yes I said a few MONTHS later (April 12th to be exact) we received a call from Brumos saying that our financing fell through. Not to mention, the blank check that we decided not to use to purchase the car had expired. I was stuck with no car, and no financing! They were not willing to accommodate me at all! I feel that this was very deceptive and very poor customer service. How is it my fault that the dealer allowed me to leave with the car, after having it for a  few month,  now I’m stuck with no transportation? Also, now I have to get my credit ran again to reapply for more financing! This has to stop! These dealerships should realize how unfair this is to customers! This should not be legal! I would definitely recommend you getting outside financing and not trusting their word. Don’t leave the dealership with the car until you are certain that financing has gone through!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2014 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brumos-Mercedes-Atlantic-Blvd-Jacksonville-FL/Jacksonville-Florida-32225/Brumos-Mercedes-Atlantic-Blvd-Jacksonville-FL-Deceptive-Very-inconsiderate-Not-accom-1138717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brumos Mercedes Atlantic Blvd. Jacksonville, FL.

Resolving Concerns

AUTHOR: The Brumos Companies - ()

Due to privacy laws, Brumos Motor Cars is not permitted at any time to discuss a customer’s personal or financial information online or with any outside party.  We suggest “Female Jax” comes into the dealership to discuss this matter in person.

Brumos Motor Cars

904.724.1080

#2 General Comment

expectations....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Obviously there was a issue, probably credit related. HOW your financing falls through is actually quite simple. YOU apply for a line of credit and depending on your credit score, you either get accepted or denied. Now the time frame shouldnt really concern you as they submit this lending form and it takes awhile to finalize all the paperwork. Im just wondering how you expect them to accomidate you?? YOUR lending fell through thats all. Return the car and just have your outside financial group you were going to go with originally reissue you the check and go from there. There is NO RIPOFF here.  Just that this customers financing fell through and NOTHING more. This poster is FEMALE and as such has a unrealistic view of what THEY expect. She has made assumptions and NOW blames the innocent party. The ONLY blame is that thier financing fell through and this poster is expecting the dealership to let her keep the vehicle until NEW financing is in place, and NO dealership is going to allow that. There is a TRUST factor here. The dealership TRUSTED that your financing would go through, but since it did not, they are TRUSTING that YOU will do the right thing and bring ther vehicle back. The dealership IS NOT responsible for YOU or your new husband selling your old car. THAT is all on the pair of you. Neither YOU or the dealership could have foreseen the financing failing. As such, ANY choices YOU made about YOUR old vehicle are COMPLETLY ON YOU. You cant NOW turn around and blame them for your vehicle being sold as you needed the money for YOUR wedding. Which means that you selling your old car for the wedding was part and parcel of your wedding plans. Im also betting that you were counting on that money to pay for a bulk of your wedding.

YOU have not been ripped off. Actually the dealership is the bigger victim here. YOU used a Mercades for a few months and you didnt own it or lease it. Thats miles that YOU put on the car that the dealership doesnt get back. Just consider yourselves LUCKY that since you financing fell through that they are not charging you for the RENTAL of that vehicle, and by law they could.

Get your finances back in order and go get your car back. Stop trying to play the victim, your gender has destroyed that option for you. Its been used SO MUCH that it no longer has the impact that it used to. And lets face it, the female gender plays A LOT of games. This is just a game you played and lost.

And to answer THIS question......How is it my fault that the dealer allowed me to leave with the car, after having it for a  few month,  now I’m stuck with no transportation? EASY!!!!! The dealer trusted that your credit would allow you to get the loan, since YOUR CREDIT didnt allow for that loan, it makes it YOUR FAULT.