Complaint Review: BTR Auto Repair and Tire

• Updated: Sat, July 27, 2013

• Reported By: Mini — Edmonton Alberta
BTR Auto Repair and Tire
10348-77 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta Canada

BTR Auto Repair and Tire - Out of Province Inspection - Rip off Edmonton Alberta Canada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer totally misrepresented her experience with our company

BTR Auto Repair and Tire was recommended to me by the Service Alberta Licensing office to get my Out of Province Inspection done. The office called me 3 hours later telling me that the inspection was done and that it could not be passed until the tinting in my windows was removed (charging me 50$ to remove it for me). I was not aware  that window tinting was not legal in Alberta so I decided to call around to get some more information before I gave them the ok to remove the tinting. I called Hyundai Dealership and the Ministry of Transportation who both told me that ONLY the front 2 windows could not have tinting. I called BTR back and told them what the ministry and Hyundai told me. The reception asked me where I got this information, told me that it was wrong and that she "was not gonna argue with me" since they have to follow the rules. She then proceeded to hang up the phone on me. I called the Ministry of Transportation again and explained my problem again - they transfered me over to the Out of Province Inspection Manager who called us back an hour later. He was not impressed and called BTR to clear up this issue.

I picked up my car this am and as soon as the guy realize who I was he immediatly started telling me that I totally misunderstood the receptionist yesterday when she told me the tinting was to be removed (4 vs 2 windows). If I had not had done my own research, the tinting on all 4 windows would have been removed because they were not up to date on their information AND I was blamed for their mistakes. He also defended his receptionist saying that she was not rude to be (She hung up the phone on me!!). Needless to say, BTR Auto Repair and Tire are extremely rude, uninformed and blame others for their own mistakes. Regardless of the fact they are the cheapest place in town for out of province inspection, DO NOT GO THERE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BTR-Auto-Repair-and-Tire/Edmonton-Alberta-T6E-6L2/BTR-Auto-Repair-and-Tire-Out-of-Province-Inspection-Rip-off-Edmonton-Alberta-Canada-1070615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BTR Auto Repair and Tire

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer totally misrepresented her experience with our company

AUTHOR: Jace - ()

Out of Province Inspections have a requirement that no tinting may be present on front windows, including the two side windows.  This was the only thing standing in the way of a Pass on this vehicle.

The customer was informed of this, and advised she may remove it herself with a blade and some window cleaner.  If she chose to have us do it, we would have to charge her.  The customer, and a male in the background uttered several explicatives, and called Alberta Transportation, and misrepresented her case again.  Alberta Transportation then called us, and we cleared the air advising it was just the front windows, the concurred.  The customer returned to the shop, having had us remove the tint, still extremely angry and combative.

The removal of the tint takes about a half hour, and she was not charged $50, she was charged $30.

It is unfortunate that she can slur our compny on line, and the retorts I have attempted to post, have not appeared on your site