Complaint Review: Budget ATV

• Submitted: Mon, September 22, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 22, 2008

• Reported By:desoto Missouri
Budget ATV
2533 Royal Ln STE 505 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Budget ATV The flamable 4-Wheelers Dallas Texas

This report s to notify all that there is a very dangerous product on the market for use by children! the product is a 4 wheeler model Hanma 110 BI CM manufactured in china by the Zhejiang Peace industry and trade co.LTD, distributed by Budget atv discount atvs. The defect in this four wheeler is that an internal part in the carburator called the float fills up with fuel causing all the fuel in the vehicle to discharge onto the ground beneath the product. I first encountered this problem with one unit and then on another a week later!( I purchased two of them one for each son)

Needless to say I contacted the owner of Budjet atv(Jay) and notified him of the defect. he in formed me that I could buy a new carburator for $45. when I told him of my concern for childrens safety he got very rude called me a jerk for trying to swindle free parts out of him! These 4wheelers I forgot to mention are less than a year old! I reminded him again that he might want to inform customers of the potential hazards, and he told me that he was a quote (verry intelligent BUISINESS man) and to never call him back or try to do business with him again! Well I'm no dummy either and a certified technitian in the industry. I believe he tryed to pull the wool over some uninformed individuals eyes and made a mistake!! I have parts and video of the defect ,Hopefully no children get hurt by these things! very inexpensive but a definite hazard to your family and or home/garage where you store them!!

The scout
desoto, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2008 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-ATV/Dallas-Texas-75229/Budget-ATV-The-flamable-4-Wheelers-Dallas-Texas-375099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget ATV