Complaint Review: Budget Readers Service

• Submitted: Wed, September 21, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 19, 2010

• Reported By:elyria Ohio
Budget Readers Service
357 East Maiden Street, Washington, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Budget Readers Service ripoff, scam, liars, claim to already provide service when there actually signing you up for a new one Washington Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Budget Readers Scam

In may 2005 amy phillips a sales person for readers service. She claimed that she was making a courtesy call for my husbands magazine company. I asked her if she was with national readers serrvice, and she said yes. Amy then aksed if i could put my husband on the phone so that she could ask him for permission to speak with me about his account. She had all our information. The magazines we were recieving and our cc#. Atleast the last four digits of the cc#. We fell hook line and sinker for it.

One month later we recieved a bill from budget readers service. The statement said thanks for letting us serve you,and how serving families like ours was enjoyable and rewarding. It also showed what magazines we ordered, and the payment arrangement.

Everything is the same as National readers Service accept they used my name for the account with my husbands cc#.

When i called to ask them to cancel they said i could not cancel. I am currently in the process of cleaning up my husbands accounts with several different companies. I have found that there is several companies operating as readers service. When i notified them that i had information showing that it was a scam they canceled my account. However they did not refund my money.

Nicole
elyria, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2005 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Readers-Service/Washington-Pennsylvania-15301/Budget-Readers-Service-ripoff-scam-liars-claim-to-already-provide-service-when-there-ac-157892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Readers Service

Budget Readers Scam

AUTHOR: Diable_Stephanie - (USA)

Hello my name is Stephanie Sipe and budget readers service contacted me and i fell for their scam as well....How do i get my subscriptions canceled like u have?...They ripped me off big time....I need advice on how to cancel because they said i couldn't cancel my order..