Complaint Review: BudgetSavers.com

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: Kurt Hates Ripoffs — Withheld New Jersey United States of America
BudgetSavers.com
Internet, Minnesota United States of America

BudgetSavers.com Budget Savers (MN) - Beware of how you get signed up! Internet, Minnesota

I had made a purchase of an "As Seen On TV" product from www.waxvac.com.

A day or so after the purchase, I was phoned by a supposed customer service agent who was confirming the details of my order. They verified verbally for me the billing address, etc.

Then I was told I would be connected to the agent's "Manager" to re-confirm, and not to hang up to prevent being called back over and over again.

I was immediately suspicious of this, because the supposed "manager" was asking me to read back my credit card information. So after claiming "it all looks right", the "manager" then informed me that I was being signed up for Budget Savers.

I verbally refused and demanded they not use my credit card for such an enrollment (I said it to make sure it was on their "recorded conversation" that they claimed to have - you know, the "we record for quality control" business).

The agent pressed on claiming I would receive something in the mail and they didn't want to charge me unless I got something in writing and then later stated the "something in writing" would come in three to four weeks! (So they have an excuse to charge you the first full month payment before you get a chance to cancel!)

I also never got my printed matter or the supposed offer or freebie to get me to start using them.

WaxVac's terms and conditions state they are allowed to provide your info to third parties. (Of course they cannot by law send over your credit card info). So these scammers (or at least their telemarketing arm in cahoots with WaxVac's telemarketing people) have cooked up a really plausible way to dupe people into thinking it's a normal confirmation process and you end up getting scammed out of your credit card info for something you didn't want or agree to until after they punched the charge into their computer and processed a bill. And if you're not watching out, they get you for that monthly recurring.

I got mine cancelled because I acted fast and they are refunding my introductory $1.00.

By the way, this supposed "manager" tried getting me to read back my credit card twice to sign me up for another service called The Shoppers Advantage out of Stamford CT. When that one landed on my bank statement, I bulldogged on them too. Had to threaten both companies with a complaint to my state Attorney General office.

So WATCH OUT in 2013!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BudgetSaverscom/Internet-Minnesota-/BudgetSaverscom-Budget-Savers-MN-Beware-of-how-you-get-signed-up-Internet-Minnesot-989840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BudgetSavers.com