Complaint Review: Bug Bitting Plants

• Updated: Sun, July 14, 2013

• Reported By: Erica — El Paso Texas
Bug Bitting Plants
601 E 18th Street Apt 504 Brooklyn, New York USA

Bug Bitting Plants RC Enterprises I had an issue with this guy by the name of Robert Crespo, first of all he falsed advertises the pictures. They look nothing like when you receive them. Not to mention he does not explain what you are getting for the price you are paying. On his pictures it shows 12 heads some even more. When I got my fly trap it took two weeks. My plant never arrived to my door it was in a mail box. When I opened it there were 3 dead and one head cut off. Only three alive. I have pictures of the half dead plant and the emails from this crook. He seems to not understand english or either he just can't comprehend it. Who knows all I know is that he ripped me off. Brooklyn New York

This guy is  a crook and false advertises his plants. Pictures are nothing like what you will get in the mail. I shoul've done my research before I bought from this crook. I even reported him to BBB.  I argued wiht him for almost two weeks trying to get a full refund back. Even send him pictures of his half dead plant. Took the plant to two different locations that specialize in flytraps and said that plant was not even 7-10 years old like he advertises. The plant that was mailed to me was a whole different species not the one he was advertising with the incorrect picture. He is a crook and I hope he gets enought complaints because he is sure ripping off a bunch of people and lying with pictures to take peoples money. His flytrap arrived in bad condition and I had enough time to return it and get my refund. Yet he refused. He even has a policy posted on his website that states this. [continued below]....

..... The flytrap I got had all black from head to root and a head cut off with a black root. Only 4 alive so I was under this guaranty and he refused it. My opinion this guy by Robert Crespo is a crook that false advertises and takes people money. Bad business. HE is unprofessional rude, greedy and hard headed crook.

Refund Policy: All              requests for refunds must be made within 24 hours of purchase.              Absolutely no refunds on plants that have left the greenhouse.              If you refuse your delivery the plants will most likely come back              to us dead. A refused delivery will not result in a refund under              any circumstances.

Damaged/Dead plants: Any                item that arrives dead will be replaced with a plant of equal                or similar value. Please note that plants that look dead may                 be in dormancy. For example, a Venus flytrap may arrive                without any leaves, but it still has a healthy and firm bulb.                In this instance your Venus flytrap can be planted and normal                growth will resume within a few short weeks. However, if your                Venus flytrap or other carnivorous plant bulb arrives very soft                and is turning black or brown, then it is either dead or will                be soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 10:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bug-Bitting-Plants/Brooklyn-New-York-11226/Bug-Bitting-Plants-RC-Enterprises-I-had-an-issue-with-this-guy-by-the-name-of-Robert-Cres-1066995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bug Bitting Plants