Complaint Review: Bureau of Criminal Investigation

• Updated: Mon, January 02, 2012

• Reported By: Ann — Waynesboro Pennsylvania United States of America
Bureau of Criminal Investigation
unknown Ft Myers, Florida United States of America

Bureau of Criminal Investigation BCI. Sometimes use only Legal Department The authorities would be arresting me today Ft Myers, Florida

*Consumer Comment: the next time they call do this

About a month ago I applied for a pay day loan on-line.  After applying, I changed my mind and did accept any of the offers I was eligible for.  In other words, I didn't take a loan out.  The very next day I was bombarded with phone calls on my cell and an endless stream of emails.  I started receiving calls from what sounded like a Pakistani or Indian man claiming he was from the "Legal Department" and I needed to call him immediately regarding a time sensitive matter.  When I called and asked what company he was with he avoided the question.  I asked him if he was with the government and he said yes.  I asked what branch and he said "this call has ended" and hung up.

I am now getting calls at work from this same gang of Pakistani/Indian scammers.  Now they are saying they are with a law firm or a company called Bureau of Criminal Investigation.  The attorneys name is David Brown, Jeff Stevens or Dan Brown.  They say they have filed suit against me because of a debt and I need to contact my legal counsel because the authorities will be coming to arrest me today.  They have my last four of my social, my birthdate, and bank name.  They have called me at least 10 times.   They try to scare you into sending them money to settle this phantom debt.  They called me today and I told them I knew it was a scam and basically said I was ready to be arrested because I needed a vacation. I asked him to stay on the line and I would put him on speaker phone so my co-workers and boss could be entertained.  He hung up.  I am still waiting to be arrested.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2011 12:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bureau-of-Criminal-Investigation/Ft-Myers-Florida-/Bureau-of-Criminal-Investigation-BCI-Sometimes-use-only-Legal-Department-The-authorities-816160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bureau of Criminal Investigation

the next time they call do this

AUTHOR: msmontecarlo - (USA)

Tell this caller that a death curse has been put on him . These folks strongly believe in this. Tell him everytime he calls you the curse will get very strong and it cannot be removed . When he dies it will be passed on to the youngest member of the family.