Complaint Review: Burger King

Burger King False Advertising on Sign. Findlay, Ohio

*General Comment: Yeah

*Author of original report: Shame on Burger King

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Author of original report: ?

*Consumer Comment: Don't be surprised if this is the response..

*Consumer Comment: In the interest of hearing Burger King's side of this, I sent the link to this report to their corporate office..

*Author of original report: Burger King Findlay, Real beef across the street.

*Consumer Comment: What I am waiting for..

*Consumer Comment: To my fellow employees

*Consumer Comment: Grow up

*Consumer Comment: Thank you Coast...

*Consumer Comment: Do you want fries with that?

*Consumer Comment: You haven't answered a couple of questions...

*Author of original report: Do Not Buy at Burger King

*Consumer Comment: LOL

*Consumer Comment: Again

*General Comment: And so

*Author of original report: This shows what type of people work at Burger King on Trenton Avenue

*Consumer Comment: Works both ways.

*Author of original report: I thought the girl was smart enough to figure it out?

*Consumer Comment: Next time take a middle schooler with you to be sure and order the "free fries"...

*Consumer Comment: Did you ask for them?

On the weekend of March 18th, and 19th, 2012, the Burger King on Trenton Avenue in Findlay, Ohio advertised on their sign that they had free fries those two days.

I went there on Saturday March 18th, around 10:35 am.  At which time they were serving the lunch menu.

I went thru the drive thru and ordered a couple items and then pulled around to the side drive thru window.  It was then that I noticed the free frie thing posted on the outside sign by the street.  I asked the girl at the window, Kristy, what the sign meant about free fries and she said every customer would get a free value size frie that weekend.

I paid for my items that I ordered and got the food and left.

When I got home to my suprise I did not have the free fries that they were giving away.  I guess the girl was that stupid and did not realize what she said when she said "Every customer" would receive a value size frie.

The food there is so overpriced for a hamburger, etc that it is cheaper just to go and buy some stuff at the store and make your own hamburgers, etc.  $4.09 for a whopper with cheese that is about half the size they were years ago.  And I am not sure if they really use real beef on their sandwiches or not.

If they are going to advertise something on their sign then they should make sure they provide that free item for each and every customer that day or weekend.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burger-King/Findlay-Ohio-45840/Burger-King-False-Advertising-on-Sign-Findlay-Ohio-857823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burger King

#1 General Comment

Yeah

AUTHOR: Jes0125 - (U.S.A.)

Let's see...

Complaining about not recieving something they did not even ask for?  Check.

Calling the cashier stupid for not being psychic and ignoring own stupidity?  Dunning-Kruger effect, check.

Anyone who disagrees works for BK and has unlterior motives?  Paranoia check.

You, sir, are a catch.  Keep up the good work and do not let these BK employee moles disuade you.  Fight the good fight.

Please take this seriously...wrap tinfoil around your head whenever you are within 50 yards of ANY Burger King.  It is a well known fact that BK drive thru's are being equipped with experimaental mind altering RF wave transmitters.  They may make you buy junk food or they might give you cancer, the BigWigs don't care as long as the profits are up!

Google BURGER KING CONSPIRACY!  Google ALTERING BRAIN WAVES!  The knowledge is out there but SHEEPLE are to ignorant to look for it!  Don't be led to the slaughter!  Don't be a SHEEPLE!

Shame on Burger King

AUTHOR: bentinohio - (United States of America)

Shame on Burger King in Findlay, Ohio. I guess the Corporate Office agrees with my complaint since they have not responded.  And no employees have responded either. I have not seen any other free offers since I filed my complaint so I am guessing they too agree with my complaint on their business.

If they would pay better wages maybe the employees would really care about how they treat the customers there The couple dollars a hour that they pay their employees only says that Burger King does not care about their employees.  If they did they would pay wages the people could really live off of.

I hope no one eats at the Burger King on Trenton Avenue in Findlay Ohio  The low grade beef and chicken they use in their products too only says that they do not care about their customers.

Lets raise prices on the food there and lower the quality of the product that way Burger King can make a yet even bigger profit.

Really?

AUTHOR: sillyrob - (USA)

You b**ch about how expensive it is, yet you eat there. There isn't someone FORCING you to spend $4.00 on a cheeseburger. If you don't like spending money at Burger King, don't go. That's what makes America great.

As for your initial complaint, did you seriously post a "Rip-off report" over not getting a free fry valued at $1? Hmm, maybe next time BK forgets my marinara sauce I should file one myself.

?

Don't be surprised if this is the response..

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Let's see their response to your report alleging false advertising, cutting the burger size by 50% and not using real beef.

Hope you can back your comments up.

Burger King Findlay, Real beef across the street.

AUTHOR: bentinohio - (United States of America)

The real beef is across the street at Wendy's where they use real beef and fresh beef unlike the frozen pink slim beef that those other burger places use.  The other comments left by people other than me only shows the childish people they have there working at Burger King in Findlay.  IF they had only lived up to what there sign said without the customers having to beg for food then I would of never posted this complaint.  Everything I have said is the truth on how I was treated.  They need to hire real people at Burger King and not kids still in school who could care less about their job or the place they work for or how they treat the customers.

What I am waiting for..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

..is the Burger King himself to respond here. We are just mere subjects.

To my fellow employees

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Yo, Ronny, Coast, Ken, Mocha! Have any y'all gotten your Burger King paychecks yet? I didn't and I'm thinking about posting a ripoff report about it. How dare they treat their employees who defend them here, so badly?

There once was a Burger King
Whose free fries the girl didn't bring
Resulting in ire
And Ripoff Reports dire
And who is or isn't a liar
And customer turned crier
His fry deprived tummy ting-a-ling!

Grow up

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

"The remarks left by the other person only show the real side of the  employees there and how they act like little children in not really  thinking what they are saying.

I guarantee every single word I have posted on the Burger King is the truth from my experience at the one on Trenton Avenue in Findlay.
"

Look, who is talking? A person who throws a tantrum because he does not get a freebie. Who said that you lie? People here just pointed out why you should NOT be upset and move on. Yes, there are sarcasms, but you prove nothing to dispute them but rather avoid to give reasons or throw a tantrum like a child does. They also asked you more questions to clarify your point in order to ignore noises in your original report. Have you answered these questions? No. So who actually is a child in this case? Ask yourself if you can at least use your brain to think as a grown person.

Also, telling the truth does NOT mean telling the WHOLE truth. Often times, a person omit certain fact in order to make himself/herself look better in the situation. In your case, you attempt to omit certain fact that you do not want others to know because the certain fact will either invalidate your report or show how foolish you are. Got it?

Thank you Coast...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

I mean it. I really needed the laugh. My eyes are tearing.

Do you want fries with that?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"it is cheaper just to go and buy some stuff at the store and make your own hamburgers"

When did it become more expensive to eat at a restaurant versus buying groceries and preparing the food ourselves? ALWAYS! Apparently you are unaware of the concept of profit.

"I figured the girl was smart enough that she knew I would like the free value size fries since I did Indeed ask about it posted on the sign."

So, if you were to ask, 'How much is that doggie in the window?', the store employee should put the pup in a basket and ring it up. Do you want fries with that?

You haven't answered a couple of questions...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

1. Why don't you think they really use beef in their burgers?

Care to share this knowledge with the rest of us.

2. Why would you buy them if you think they're using something (anything) else in the burgers?

3. How do you know that the burgers are half the size they were years ago?

You could illustrate this with an example of the same burger (years ago) versus today.

Are you subject to exaggerating a bit?

Do Not Buy at Burger King

AUTHOR: bentinohio - (United States of America)

The remarks left by the other person only show the real side of the employees there and how they act like little children in not really thinking what they are saying

LOL

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Of course! We all MUST work at the burger king on trenton. I live in springfield missouri, that would be a rough drive. Especialy since I don't even know where finley is, nor what state its even in.

I do know that you are an idiot that couldn't say these simple words: "May I have an order of the free fries, please?"

You asked about them, you never ordered them. They aren't mind readers.

Again

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

"The comments being left I am guessing are from people that work at the Burger King on Trenton Avenue.  This really shows what type of people they are and how they treat their customers.

Use your own judgment and read the comments being left and see if you feel that is the right way for a business to treat their customers??  Do yourself a favor and do not eat the Burger King on Trenton avenue in Findlay.

If they cannot offer just a simple apology on how the girl acted that day then they need say nothing at all.

And if they cannot live up to what the sign says out front then do not buy from them.
"

This make me laugh when an author said something like "These people work at blah blah." This is obvious that the author is self-righteousness and foolish. He/she does not want to admit his/her own mistake in the report when others point it out because he/she thinks it will invalidate the report.

1) You still haven't answered whether or not you did ask for the free fries.
2) If you said Burger King is overprice, I would say ALL fast food of this type are overprice.
3) Also, if you said it is overprice, WHY did you keep going back?
4) If you are not sure whether or not they use real beef, why did you buy it in the first place?
5) Are you working for Mac, so you are complaining about Burger King here? :D

So if you want to ONLY point out the problem, please do NOT include other irrelevant opinions in attempt to exaggerate your point. It rather makes yourself look like a fool.

#17 General Comment

And so

AUTHOR: What? - (USA)

And so you fall back to the apparently rather common "You must work there!". No, I doubt any of the posters works there, they just see an appalling lack of common sense on your part. You didn't ask for them, you didn't get them. All you had to do is say "Can I add that to my order, then?", but that was too difficult, it seems.

This shows what type of people work at Burger King on Trenton Avenue

Works both ways.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

She probably figured you would be smart enough to ask for them if you wanted them.

" I hope a lot of people decide not to go to burger king after reading this and I hope they never give anything away for free again if they cannot live up to what is stated on their sign.

I think the more likely result is that people will decide to disregard your report because it is obvious that you are an idiot.

I thought the girl was smart enough to figure it out?

AUTHOR: bentinohio - (United States of America)

Yes I know, the customer is always Wrong.

if she is not smart enough to figure something as simple as this out then she should not be working there but maybe working at the mcdonalds next door.

After she told me they were giving every customer free value size fries to Every Customer then I thought then I would get them to since indeed I was a paying customer at that time and I indeed asked what the Free Fries thing was all about.

A couple of questions..

1. How much did a whopper with cheese weigh "years ago?"..and what do they weigh today?

2. "And I am not sure if they really use real beef on their sandwiches or not."
And what do you base this on?  Do the new whoppers taste different than those from "years ago?"
Did you see them scraping up road kill to use in the whoppers?
Did some distant relatives friend let your wife know what they were up to?

Get a life.
You did go back and then, receipt in hand, request your free fries, didn't you?

Did you ask for them?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

No where in your report did you ay you asked for the fries. To get the free fries, all you had to do was ask for them. They werent just forcing them on every customer that walked in.